Sumatra Thread!

Rochester Poultry Association (Rochester NY) show was yesterday.

GC AOSB - Black Sumatra Hen owned by Mark Bierbower (Kane, PA)
RGC AOSB - Black Sumatra Cock owned by Amelia Sprague (Falconer, NY) -- MY DD!!! I've posted his pics somewhere in the back.

There were approximately 50 different birds in this class of Large Fowl.

Only 6 Sumatras though - 2 black hens, 1 blue hen. 3 Black Cocks.

Amelia came home with a pair of blue sumatras. Both under 1 year old. I will try to get pictures and post for input.

There were no bantam Sumatras at all. DD is now expressing interest in getting some........I think she's more hooked on chickens than I am if its possible.

Was anyone here at the maine poultry show yesterday?? I know there were some good Sumatra breeders there but none showed unfortunately. I showed 2 jens and got "champ AOC" and AOSB. There were over 500 birds. I think of my hen wasn't starting to loose feathers she could have done better. She still looked great but when prepping her a couple feathers came out.

Why is Raven so... Ugly? What do you feed your birds to make them look pretty? Raven looked like this since I got her last year. She hasn't started molting either...

Looks like raven has been a favorite of a rooster. Once a bird messes up or breaks a feather, it is like that until the bird molts it out. Now you could pull the feathers out (some times it's just the feather shaft left) and the bird will re grow the feathers or wait until she molts them herself. Good luck with her.

Looks like raven has been a favorite of a rooster. Once a bird messes up or breaks a feather, it is like that until the bird molts it out. Now you could pull the feathers out (some times it's just the feather shaft left) and the bird will re grow the feathers or wait until she molts them herself. Good luck with her.

I don't have a rooster, I guess by other chickens are bullies :/

I have left eggs in the box for 3 days, Raven is being cute on them :p

Back
Top Bottom