Sumatra Thread!

I guess I just needed to d/L the app to post pictures. One of the 3, they all look pretty much the same. One is to be a roo.

Thanks for the link! I think we may end up with black birds. I told my daughter they may end up white or buff; she said it was okay. Anyhow...this is pretty similar to what you have posted as black Sumatras.

I got these Sumatra chicks with some Langshans yesterday. The guy said they were between one and three weeks old. Their shoulder and breast feathers are just starting to show, the tail is about a half-three quarters of an inch long, and their wings reach their tail. Gender doesn't matter right now. How old are they?

Last edited:
I got these Sumatra chicks with some Langshans yesterday. The guy said they were between one and three weeks old. Their shoulder and breast feathers are just starting to show, the tail is about a half-three quarters of an inch long, and their wings reach their tail. Gender doesn't matter right now. How old are they?

maybe 1.5-2.5 weeks leaning toward the older end of that spectrum

Hey, everyone! I'm trying to find some good lines to introduce to my Sumatra flock. If anyone has a an extra roo or when they'd like to sell and ship to Georgia, please let me know! :)

Are sumatra's the only breed of chicKen with black combs? I have a pullet who is supposedly a BSL but her comb is black and looks like it's either a pea comb or cushion comb.

Back
Top Bottom