Summer Quilt block swap - We use similar colors, but each pick a different block

Any word on the missing blocks? I signed up for Marty1876's winter block swap. I KNOW that one will be so much fun. Sure hope NHeimberg replies soon.

I've been reading this thread for awhile now and it's really bothering me how this "lady" has treated all of you.

This is theft by the way...I don't know if anyone wants to take the time and I don't know if it would really work, but has anyone called the Calhoun, GA police department? Maybe just call and ask if there's anything that can be done, explain the situation. I mean, there is this whole thread that can be printed and saved to use against her. I'm sure the amount of fabric that she has stolen from all of you is worth a decent amount of money, correct?

This link is for some sort of class, but it has the theft laws clearly written out.
http://stoptheftclass.com/Theft-Shoplifting-Laws/Georgia

Any word on the missing blocks? I signed up for Marty1876's winter block swap. I KNOW that one will be so much fun. Sure hope NHeimberg replies soon.
ABSOLUELY!! We're truly going to trade block. I'd never steal.
hugs.gif

I've been reading this thread for awhile now and it's really bothering me how this "lady" has treated all of you.

This is theft by the way...I don't know if anyone wants to take the time and I don't know if it would really work, but has anyone called the Calhoun, GA police department? Maybe just call and ask if there's anything that can be done, explain the situation. I mean, there is this whole thread that can be printed and saved to use against her. I'm sure the amount of fabric that she has stolen from all of you is worth a decent amount of money, correct?

This link is for some sort of class, but it has the theft laws clearly written out.
http://stoptheftclass.com/Theft-Shoplifting-Laws/Georgia

lol.. i could be wrong.. but I THINK it's also mail fraud...

I believe you may be right...I didn't even think of mail fraud. I always consider mail fraud money only, but it does include objects.
I'm not sure it's mail fraud because they were send to her. However she should send them back because I know we all sent a SASE to her for returning them back. I just hope the guilt really gets to her. I'm sure she will not be back on here again.

Each person may be able to file in their own state as well since they conducted the transaction from their home. I've seen similar that were very messy for the person who did wrong. If each person files in their state, she would probably be required to show in person or she will automatically lose. Your costs are fabric and your skilled labor. Sewing is a skill that takes far more time to perfect than a cashier working at Walmart. You should charge for your time accordingly.

Each person may be able to file in their own state as well since they conducted the transaction from their home. I've seen similar that were very messy for the person who did wrong. If each person files in their state, she would probably be required to show in person or she will automatically lose. Your costs are fabric and your skilled labor. Sewing is a skill that takes far more time to perfect than a cashier working at Walmart. You should charge for your time accordingly.
Too right!

We should all do this. Its exactly what she desearves for stealing from us. Great idea.

Back
Top Bottom