Sweet PDZ?

Pics
omg awesome i love the smell use it for my poop board. easy to sift with a kitty big scooper. and last a long time. its like powder and its so soft . it keeps the coop smelling nice and no dust. i buy it at agway or anywhere you buy feed its for horse barns. ask them to order it if they don't carry it. a 25 lb bag goes a long way. i also use food grade diatomaceous earth in their dusting dirt as it kills mites and bugs naturally and is not harmful to pets or humans. they call it DE they use it for pool filters. but get the food grade one.

omg awesome i love the smell use it for my poop board. easy to sift with a kitty big scooper. and last a long time. its like powder and its so soft . it keeps the coop smelling nice and no dust. i buy it at agway or anywhere you buy feed its for horse barns. ask them to order it if they don't carry it. a 25 lb bag goes a long way. i also use food grade diatomaceous earth in their dusting dirt as it kills mites and bugs naturally and is not harmful to pets or humans. they call it DE they use it for pool filters. but get the food grade one.
The granulated PDZ is better than the powdered PDZ....less airborne dust.
Both DE and PDZ dust can be very harmful if inhaled by anything that has lungs.

I just bought this myself to use in their "litter box" I built under the roosts. I have yet to add it because of an injured knee but I have used just sand in my coop and loved it, scooped it like a litter box. I am trying the PDZ after hearing so much good stuff.

Quote: PDZ is the mineral zeolite..... the granular is crushed to a sand-like size....but it's not sand.
Thus the price difference.
I pay about $10 for a 25# bag of PDZ......
....and about $4 for a 50# bag of washed, kiln dried sand.

Depending on your coop size @FlyWheel it could get quite expensive, anything breathing the dust could be an issue, and eventually it will become saturated with pulverized poop (just like sand does) and/or reach it's ammonia absorbing capacity and have to be totally changed out.

Sweet PDZ is amazing! I use it on the floor of my coop, then mix straw and pine chips on top. I'm sure it would work fine by itself (expensive) during the summer, but will not provide the warmth and insulation that the straw and pine provide.

Sweet PDZ is amazing! I use it on the floor of my coop, then mix straw and pine chips on top. I'm sure it would work fine by itself (expensive) during the summer, but will not provide the warmth and insulation that the straw and pine provide.
Good point!

As cute as your profile location is @FlyWheel it's not very helpful.
Would also be good to know what your coop looks like.

Can I do a combination of sand & Sweet PDZ or it has to be all Sweet PDZ?

Planning to buy some sand (picture below)

Back
Top Bottom