Sweet PDZ?

I love Sweet PDZ!!! I'm a newbie with my first flock. I grabbed a bag (like 10 bucks for a 25# bag) after learning about it here and put it in with the pine shavings in the brooder.
I also use it in the guinea pigs cage and the cat's littler box! The only think you can smell in my house are the stinky dogs and the teenagers!
I have hardly made a dent in the bag. A little seems to go a long way.
Get it. You'll be glad you did!

I will have to get some for my coop. I have yet to put my chicks outside due to snow but fingers crossed they can go out next week.

Can you use it with younger chickens. I have 17 in my house, between the ages of 3 - 6 weeks and while they don't smell terrible, I still smell chicken poop.

I have been using it since day one with my flock. It's a mineral so it's completely safe should they pick it off the floor while scratching!
I can't believe how good it works. Especially sprinkled in my catbox! I will always have Sweet PDZ on hand as long as I have critters with bedding or clay litter in the house.

So sweet PDZ on floor, then pine shavings? I'm having a problem with my hens sleeping inthe nesting boxes I stead of roosts.

We took the advice of others on this site and tried the Sweet PDZ. It is wonderful stuff! We sprinkle it on the coop floor before putting the shavings down, and then periodically sprinkle it on the shavings every so often to keep the smell to a minimum. We also sprinkle a bit under the coop where the girls like to hang out on sunny days. It keeps the smell way down. We get it at Tractor Supply Co.

I'm in the middle of designing and building my 2nd coop. Originally I was going to make a poop hammocks for under the roosts, but after reading up on Sweet PDZ, I may do poop trays instead.

But before I dive right in, I do have a couple questions about the Sweet PDZ:

Can I still compost even with the Sweet PDZ with no ill effects?

Do any of you have issues with your chickens dusting in the Sweet PDZ?

Do you use straight Sweet PDZ or do you mix it with sand? Does it matter?

Thanks

Nick

Back
Top Bottom