Sweet PDZ?

I have both chickens and turkeys. The turkeys seem to eat everything, including their shavings. So far it hasn't caused any problems, but I worry about them getting an intestinal or crop blockage. Does anyone have a problem with their birds eating the Sweet PDZ? Is it likely to cause any problems if they eat it, or is it just like eating dirt or sand to them?

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! It's so easy to clean up after my chickens now! The most time I've ever spent is about 3 minutes a day scooping the poop up. It's just like Kitty Litter. I have a 5 gallon bucket that I fill and then dump in the compost pile. One thing I did learn is to keep several inches under the roost, because with this cold weather, if you have only a thin layer, their urine will freeze to the bottom, and you'll have to practically hammer it out!

Can you put the droppings with the PDZ on them into a compost pile?
Yes, it is the mineral zeolite, won't hurt your compost...you want to sift the poops out from the PDZ tho and leave as much PDZ as possible on the roost board.
You can mix the PDZ with sand 1:3or 4 to make it go farther.

Is stall dry the same same as Sweet PDZ? I found Stall Freshener at the local TSC but there is another place closer that carries Stall Dry. They have no idea what Sweet PDZ is.

Back
Top Bottom