Sweet PDZ?

Pics
I have sand in my coop and scoop it everyday. So im thinking I don't need it. My coop doesn't have a smell. Just heard about it and I THANK YOU for your help

I have sand in my coop and scoop it everyday. So im thinking I don't need it. My coop doesn't have a smell. Just heard about it and I THANK YOU for your help
How old are your chickens, how long have you had them and how many do you have?
You might need it down the road, mixing some PDZ in with your sand can work wonders if needed.

I found out about PDZ back in like February from this thread... and I'm still using it... and still LOVE IT!!!! Thanks again!!
It is a breeze to clean up - and no stink!! I do want to get one of those bigger scoops though, we are adding to our flock... and you know what that means... yup - more poop!
Here's my coop:

Last edited:
I found out about PDZ back in like February from this thread... and I'm still using it... and still LOVE IT!!!! Thanks again!!
It is a breeze to clean up - and no stink!! I do want to get one of those bigger scoops though, we are adding to our flock... and you know what that means... yup - more poop!
Here's my coop:

Looks like you have the PDZ in the floor as well as in a poop board? Or is that sand in the floor? I am planning my coup and want to do sand in the floor with some PDZ mixed in, and PDZ in the poop boards.

You have to be sure of the source of the Sweet PDZ, it is a mineral called Zeolite and some mines have levels of toxic chemical's.
It is normally used as a deodorizer in horse stalls--no danger to horses because they don't and wont eat the fine granules whereas chickens will eat it like gravel or sand.
By eating Zeolite the bad stuff that CAN BE in it will wind up in the eggs and then in YOU.
Zeolite is an absorbent of moisture also but can give off small quantities of steam that you do not want in your coop.
For coops there are many other items you can use that are cheaper , safer and more efficient than Sweet PDZ.
You say that you use it in your coop --I suggest you do your homework and check out what I have shared.
I have a friend in Southern Idaho who owns a Zeolite mine and his has been tested several times and is safe for human consumption which is very good and not too common.
He has chickens and uses it in his coop and also provides it to them for a dust bath.
Zeolite has many good medical qualities but has to be the kind with no harmful chemicles.

You have to be sure of the source of the Sweet PDZ, it is a mineral called Zeolite and some mines have levels of toxic chemical's.
It is normally used as a deodorizer in horse stalls--no danger to horses because they don't and wont eat the fine granules whereas chickens will eat it like gravel or sand.
By eating Zeolite the bad stuff that CAN BE in it will wind up in the eggs and then in YOU.
Zeolite is an absorbent of moisture also but can give off small quantities of steam that you do not want in your coop.
For coops there are many other items you can use that are cheaper , safer and more efficient than Sweet PDZ.
You say that you use it in your coop --I suggest you do your homework and check out what I have shared.
I have a friend in Southern Idaho who owns a Zeolite mine and his has been tested several times and is safe for human consumption which is very good and not too common.
He has chickens and uses it in his coop and also provides it to them for a dust bath.
Zeolite has many good medical qualities but has to be the kind with no harmful chemicles.
@morrisandy HOW would you know if the product you're buying contains zeolite from a toxic mine or not?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom