Tell me about...Goffin Cockatoos

For me personally, after researching, asking around, and comparing the birds I worked with at an aviary, I'm a bit more interested in a toucan. A keel-billed toucan or a curl-crested aracari are on the top of that list. They seem like a better fit for me, though granted their price tag means they will be a while in coming! :) Aracaris might be another option to look into for those reading his thread and considering a large parrot. As far as parrots go, I'm pretty set on a lineolated parakeet. Very endearing little birds. Also a possible better fit for some.

The only trouble with toucans and aracaris is the liquid, projectile poos and the huge cage sizes needed! They can't climb on the bars like a parrot can and need much larger areas for full flight.

Haha, I can personally attest to their incredibly stain-causing, high-speed poop splatters. A good point to consider for those not familiar with them.

Iron storage disease is another big one. Basically, always do your research when looking for a good match.

Last edited:
I am very interested in goffins they are so beautiful and amazing little creatures and I live around a macaw so I know how loud they can get and I'm not really bothered by that I have a really high amount of tolerance for annoying animal stuff but I'm not in a good place to own one but I hope someday I will be and when I take an animal on I'm devoted forever I truly found this thread helpful and maybe someday but right now poultry are the best bet for me and I'm fine with that :D

And I did realize this was a very old thread but in case someone comes along wanting to read like me I threw my opinion in.

Back
Top Bottom