Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

^Sounds like that movie Fright Night, maybe you have a vampire living next door!

Seriously tho, I've experience deja vu several times. Not so much living the same scenario twice, but more like I'll have a dream and it'll happen weeks, months or years later. It gives me the heebie jeebies :oops:

Last edited:
^Sounds like that movie Fright Night, maybe you have a vampire living next door!

Seriously tho, I've experience deja vu several times. Not so much living the same scenario twice, but more like I'll have a dream and it'll happen weeks, months or years later. It gives me the heebie jeebies
hide.gif
I've never even seen the movie! :hmm I will post the pics later on. There's no reason why not, I don't think.

And, that's just one of my many experiences with Deja Vu, is to dream something, then it will happen, usually a number of months later. You know what science says is that we live in a parallel universe, and that there's a possibility that there are exact replicas of you on other planets in other universes.

And that Deja Vu could be you overlapping with another "you" in another universe. That really gives me the heebie jeebies!

One time when I was about 10 or so I was walking around my grandmother's backyard before sunset. I did this every time we were over there and never saw anything strange. My neighbor had just put up a new fence for his cows. There hadn't been one in a very long time and he had finally gotten around to building it since he had a larger herd that year. My brother used to tell me about the mausoleum near the house (there is no graveyard) and he would tell me that it was the grave of General Brewer, his wife, and his horse. The truth is it's the grave of Frank Richardson, his wife Mariam Brewer (daughter of Colonial -not General at all- Brewer), and her horse, as per the family tradition. So, just as the sun went down, I looked out into the field towards the grave. I didn't see the mausoleum like I thought I would, but instead I saw a pure white horse running towards the barbwire fence I was standing in front of. Just when I thought the horse would stop, it went THROUGH the fence and disappeared. That wasn't the last time I ever saw it.

Another thing regarding the Brewer mausoleum, the grass around it never dies. The grass isn't a winter hardy variety. It's the kind you only see in spring and summer. It always looks like it just started growing, since it's fresh and bright green. There are ALWAYS butterflies around it too. I went out there after it snowed one year (happens about every 4 years in Montgomery, AL) to try to skate around on the ice that had formed on the marble around the mausoleum the first time I realized that they're always there and that the grass never dies. I've never figured it out.

I have another story regarding a horse or maybe even the same one I've seen since I was 10. This one is pretty short. One night, pretty late since I was supposed to be sleeping, I heard a horse run past my bedroom window. I do have a horse that likes to escape from time to time and I thought it was him. Once he get's out he's hard to catch. I woke my dad up to help me look for him. We went out front to the road to look at the dirt in my driveway and our neighbor's to see which way he had gone. There wasn't anything there. So I ran toward the gate out back to see if he had gone back in by chance. I should have run into the fence and hurt myself (which considering the panic I was in I wouldn't really have noticed). I slowed down when I realized the fence wasn't up (the 'gate' is a removable barbwire fence) and stopped until my dad caught up with me. Dad had left the gate open by accident earlier in the day. I found my horse standing in his favorite spot watching the cows. He wasn't even out of breath. When I checked the side yard and under my window for hoof prints, there were none. It was just another phantom horse, this time giving me a warning.

I have lots of cool stories from around my area in Alabama. Maybe I remember another one to tell.

Wow, uhh. *ahem*. Wow. I'm so scared right now, after reading all these stories. Oh, great. My brother's playing a zombie game now. Brilliant. Let's see if I can add to these.

One evening (the sun had just gone under the horizon, so everything thing was getting very dark) my brother and my twin were playing hide and seek. It was my twin's and my turn to look for him. Now at this point I should tell you all that my brother was a trickster (No he's not dead. Just matured. Mostly.). We were walking around, when we look towards the road. We saw a very black figure (It was now very hard to see, just enough light to distinguish the mail box, and the field behind it.) dart from behind the mailbox, run along the road, and into the trees along the driveway. My sister and I yelled, "GOT 'IM!" and ran to the road (I should mention here that I had this feeling that that wasn't him). There was nothing there. We ran to the trees and saw nothing. After much searching we finally found him, and I asked him if he was that figure. "I never went to the road. I just stayed here waiting for you."

So what do you think? Was it him?

Here's another.

My Grandma and Grandpa had taken us to Florida to visit DisneyLand. We stopped at a friend's house for a few days to visit (Best people ever. So friendly.). They have a boat, with a bed, so my twin and I slept in there. I always hated going to bed out there (I'm one of the biggest wusses EVER when it comes to nighttime.). Well, one night I woke up, and the whole boat was rocking. Barely enough to notice, but enough that you feel it when you concentrate on it. I laid there, and figured it was just the wind. Nothing more. I was a bit creeped out, so I grabbed my book, and read a little. Then the boat started rocking. Not barely noticable. But REALLY rocking. I was so scared. Then the roof started banging. It sounded like someone had a hammer and was banging. And there was a rythem. Bang, pause, bang, pause. Then the really bad part. (I'm writing this through tears because I'm so scared even now, so excuse the grammatical errors.) I was staring at the window through the tarp over the boat, when something hit it. And the shap it was hit in was a hand. And I just KNEW that someone was out there. I kicked my twin to wake her up, (Hard. Sorry sis.) and she woke up. We sat there for a minute when there was another bang on the roof, and towards the end of the boat where the door was. I was hysterical now. I begged her to grab the phone and call Grandpa to come out and "Save us." (I was too scared to move.) She called and he came out*. When he opened the door and we got out, he pointed and said that there were two cats up there sleeping. He then took us inside, and set us up to sleep on the couch. I DID NOT sleep.

So whaddya think? There was a tree with nuts up above the boat. Could they have made the banging in a rythem on the roof of the boat. And could the cats have made a hand shaped dent in the tarp?

*When sis called Grandpa, he came out with no socks to get us. He never goes anywhere without socks. He also came out SO quickly (Barely 10 seconds) that I thought whoever was outside the boat was coming inside to "end" us. Grandma also told us that the phone ringing woke her up, and when she asked who it was, Grandpa said, "It's the girls." before he even picked it up!

This isn't really a story, but before we moved here, a old woman died in the house, and stuff just seems to happen around here, that can't be explained. Like one time, my sister fell asleep with her clothes on (She was reading a book and fell asleep) and when she woke up, she had her nightgown on. One of our friends came over one time, and fell asleep. She decided she didn't need the blankets that we gave her. She woke up in the night with a blanket on her. Another time my sister was up late reading, and she heard someone walking around outside her door. Later (After panicking) she opened her door, and one of our dogs was asleep out there. Could it have made a noise like footsteps? What do you think?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have tears to wipe off, and banana bread and puppy chow to make.

I forgot to mention another. One time, I was sitting on the stairs, talking with the family, when I heard someone coming down behind me. I looked up to see who it was, and no one was there. But I "saw" someone. It was like I was looking at someone's face, but it was invisible. I then stood up, and sat on one of the chairs.

I have three stories. The last one is a funny/scary.

1. One night I couldn't sleep. I was reading and I still couldn't sleep. I sat up in bed and just waited for something to happen. That's when I heard my doorknob moving. We live in an old house and the doorknobs jiggle when you tap the door. So I sat there, fully alert and creeped out. Watching my doorknob moving, then there was a banging on the door. Like someone throwing themselves into it, over and over. I wondered if I was dreaming so I looked at my cat at the end of my bed, she had her ears forward all the way and her eyes were twitching looking at my door. Eventually it died down as quickly as it started. It felt like 5 minutes, but when I think about it, it was probably 20 seconds. I never figured out what it was.

2. This actually happened to me last night: I was sitting in a chair drawing after everyone went to bed, and it was very quiet. All the sound was the heater humming. As I started to work on my drawing (It's always the hands...) the back gate suddenly slammed shut. There was no wind. And all the dogs started barking at the window. The curtain was closed so they couldn't see anything. They were barking at the noise. But there was a window with the curtain also closed, except for one spot only I could see from my angle. I was staring into the darkness, and I "felt" like I could see something staring back at me. I couldn't move, but everything was telling me to run. So I ran to the couch in the other room and curled up in the corner. But there was a window right above that couch with the curtains pulled open. And again I got that feeling something was staring at me. So I grabbed my pencil and paper and ran upstairs, stopping at the top too terrified to move. I started scribbling on the paper, not really drawing anything, but I kept seeing shadows move in the corner of my eye. And I felt the thumps of someone stomping up the stairs, but no sound. I waited and waited until I finally was able to go to bed, still not able to sleep.

3. This is the funny/scary story. My twin and I refer to it as "The Blob." (Say that with a straight face.) One night we were looking out our window. Waiting for my Dad to come home from his night shift. (12:00 am.) and there was a lonely lightning bolt. There was a storm forecast, so we said it was cool, and continue waiting for those familiar headlights. Here you should know, we were in bunk beds, so I was usually the first one to see the headlights since I was on the higher bunk. So about 5 minutes later, my sister started shouting "Look! Over there! There's something moving!" I heard her taping on the glass, and her jumping around excited. So I grabbed my flashlight (We used to flash it three times to Dad when he came home.) and shined it out the window. I looked around until I found a large, LARGE white blob WADDLING through our yard. Like someone sloshing around a bowl of a LOT of jelly. It was about 3 feet long and 1 foot high. We could almost hear the water sloshing around like a water balloon. We started screa-- er, getting excited and tapping on the window in our "excitement." So "it" probably hearing our squealing looked up at our window. My twin said she saw the white reflection of it's eyes. All I saw from my angle was its nose move upwards to our window. Then it quickly start sloshing across our yard, frightened by us. The next day our family said it was a very large possum. All my twin and I say it was, was the "Blob From The Sky." (Hence the lightning bolt.)

Since the thread has sorta been revived a little bit, I've got another one that happened almost 10 years ago. This sparked about 3 years of events that I'll never forget. I met my twin best friends the night before my 15th birthday and eventually was invited over to their house (say, a month later) and it started the storm of crap that followed. I wasn't allowed to stay the night since our parents didn't know each other (my parents had always had that rule), but what happened was still creepy. We were in the eldest twin's room (about 4 or 5 of us) when the first event happened. We all sat talking and we all knew each other, so no one was saying anyone's name. I heard, clear as day, an unfamiliar voice call my name from the twins' little sisters' room. The only thing they knew about the voice was that it belonged to a boy named Michael that died in the house.

That was all well and good, but as time went on and we all became better friends and I stayed over more often. Things began to get worst after my second visit and the first time I ever stayed over night. Upon walking out of the eldest twin's room later the first night I was scratched on my face. Four long scratch marks on the right side of my face. It continued through out the time they lived there. But this wasn't all that happened. On the night of their 6th grade graduation (in other words, that was the last grade for that school before they went to school with me) once we got home from spending a few hours at the mall, just the three of us, we (their little sister, mom, grandmother, the twins, and me) arrived back at their house to take everything in before going to watch tv like we did sometimes while we thought of other things to do. Their grandmother unlocked the door and I was the first one in. As I got to the middle of the living room I heard the youngest twin calling me from her room. "Hey, Kristy, come here a minute." I never forget what I heard. I asked the voice, that I knew was not actually my friend, what it wanted. All the while pretending that I thought it was her. "Just come here, I want to show you something." It had all happened in a matter of seconds and I turned around and walked back out the door.

Instead of watching tv like we planed, the twins and I stayed in the living room to talk to their grandmother since their mom had to go to work. After I told them what had happened, their grandmother told me that the very same thing had happened to her several times when no one else was home. She then told us that when no one was awake or home at night she heard things moving in the kitchen. Her exact words. Not people, not animals, things. When I asked her about it she said that the noise they were making was familiar to her from her childhood and it wasn't made by anything living and certainly not by anything that was ever a human or animal. She said it sounded like a creature from the Philippians, which is where she's from. We stayed up with her and the sound whatever it was made was just plain horrifying. I have never heard anything like it in my life, not before and not since.

Every time my brother picked me up from their house he would would knock on the door and walk back to the car. He never came in the house. The twins' mom was never home for any of it or should I say, it never happened while she was home. Not until the last time I would ever stay there. I was getting ready for my dad to pick me up and had to get something from the eldest twin's room and like every other time before that I was scratched on my way out the door. Their mom challenged it and told it to come after her. We saw a shadow in the hallway in broad daylight, which had never happened before. The next and last time I went over to that house it was to help them move.

Now, over the few years that they lived there after I met them, I did a little research on the house and land it was on. Michael was 15 years old when he fell off the roof and broke his neck on impact. That solved one mystery. As for the rest, if anyone remembers I told a story a long while back about a burned down house my dad took a nap in. Turns out the house they lived in had been built on the same lot. As for the creature in the kitchen, none of us were ever brave enough to find out what it was. The house was renovated and someone else moved in. I do not envy whoever moved in.

Back in about 1998, when I was fifteen or so, my mother had some financial troubles, and we had to sell and move out of our house.
So we went to live in a town about a half hour away. This area was way out in the woods and I kind of hated it because I felt so isolated. It was up a hill on about six different unmarked dirt roads, surrounded by forests and a few very small ponds.
We were both exhausted driving the extra time to school and work, and one night coming home just before dusk, as we came to the top of the dirt road, there was a woman standing right in the middle of the road. I remember seeing her as clear as day, her face looked very sun-worn- like someone who works outside their whole life- she was wearing a long skirt and a dirty white apron and a kerchief on her head, with a few strands of curly gray hair sticking out. And she was barefoot- I remember seeing her bare, bony feet sticking out from the bottom of the skirt. What I found most strange was that she had ultra piercing blue eyes- there was something really unsettling about that color.
There were no other houses around for miles.
My mom swerved to avoid her, she wasn't driving very fast anyway because the road was always so bumpy- and then a few seconds down the road, looked at me and said "Was that a ghost?"
We both looked back down the road and she had vanished- there was no other vehicle parked on the road, and no place she could have gone- to this day we just can't explain who she possibly could have been or why she was out there.

oh fun I got some good ones.

5 years or so ago I was out with my cousin, driving dirt roads, being irresponsible , you know the story, well around 1AM we finally got over to our grandmas house. He had the drivers side door open and he had just turned the key so the radio would play. He was smoking a cigarette and I was standing right outside his door. Well a loud mechanical sound caught both of our attention, I turned around and it was an object with three alternating light just there 50 foot or so above us. My cousin got out and stood next to me. Next thing I know its completely silent, the object stopped making sound, and the car was off. I remember watching it fly around but I dont remember when it left the house, I remember the sound and i remember it flying away silently but i dont remember it going silent. Does that make sense? its hard to explain. My cousins cigarette burned all the way down during this, just one long ash.

A couple weeks ago I was with my wife at our cabin and we herd the strangest stuff. We dont have any electricity out there . there are no street lights, you cant see a thing. Well I was on the front porch pretty late at night and I herd a sound like stomping. for some reason i thought deer automatically and didnt worry about it. well than i herd the sound of the neighbors gate/fence a couple hundred yards away shaking real hard and than a whining howl and stomping coming straight toward us. we jumped inside our cabin. shined a flash light and saw nothing at all. It was creepy. we stay out there all the time and that was a first.

Back
Top Bottom