Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

This one isn't spooky, but it was a strange sighting.
Last summer, I was outside playing with my son and a neighbor came over with her daughter and granddaughter to let the kids play together.
We have a 15 foot long play set, and the kids were just doing their thing. It looked like it wanted to start raining, so we were just wrapping up our talking. Across the street is a swampy area and there is quite a bit of forest behind that.
I remember something catching my eye, and stopping mid conversation, pointing to the sky and shouting, "what is that?!"
Something very large, had come across the tree line, and I could just make out the huge shape through the pine trees. I could see it was some kid of bird, but it was the size of a small airplane. Everyone looked to where I pointed, and then suddenly it came into view, it flew very low, right over our heads, and from wingtip to wingtip it was as long as my son' s swing set.
Everyone was shouting and saying things like "holy &)?!&$". And it floated past us and disappeared back into the tree lines.
It was colored like an osprey, mottled back and white underbelly and under its wings, but they don't usually get as big as even an eagle. I'm pretty sure eagles only get seven foot wingspans maximum, but no exaggeration, this thing was easily twice that.
After that, my neighbor wouldn't even let her poodles outside in the yard, let alone her grandchild, for a full week. She kept asking me, "have you seen that monster bird come back?"
I did keep looking for it, armed with a camera this time, but I never saw it again. No one we've talked to had ever seen anything like that.

When I was eleven or twelve my friends and I would walk in the woods by ourselves. We had created these stories about demon wolves and deer that lived in the dark, named Past, Present, and Future, and they we're elaborate stories. These animals stuck with us for a long time, sometimes while walking through the neighborhood we would hear things behind us or in the bushes... Or see eyes.
Another animal we made up was called Blood Bat, which was a giant bat like creature maybe three feet tall with the face of a human with blood red eyes, this was one of the worst.
One day we were walking along the neighbors fence and I was in the back, everyone had jumped over the ditch, and just as I was about to a GIANT branch fell in front of me, I could not have even lifted one end.
We were all frozen, my heart was beating so fast and my stomach was twisted in knots and I felt my throat close up, seconds later something black and giant hit the other side of the fence and shriek, it was the size of us, at twelve years old, we heard flapping noises.
We took off running, never have my legs moved or have my feet beat the ground that fast.
To this day I cannot go in my backyard at night without having a panic attack and if I need to go in the driveway I have to bring my 80lb pitbull/hound mix or my brother or boyfriend, AFTER all the lights are on.

An albatross maybe? They can have 11 foot wingspans and are colored about as you described.
That would certainly put my mind at ease! It had a definite bird of prey shape though- I had to google an albatross because I've never seen one, this was what google had to show for it:

This one isn't spooky, but it was a strange sighting.
Last summer, I was outside playing with my son and a neighbor came over with her daughter and granddaughter to let the kids play together.
We have a 15 foot long play set, and the kids were just doing their thing. It looked like it wanted to start raining, so we were just wrapping up our talking. Across the street is a swampy area and there is quite a bit of forest behind that.
I remember something catching my eye, and stopping mid conversation, pointing to the sky and shouting, "what is that?!"
Something very large, had come across the tree line, and I could just make out the huge shape through the pine trees. I could see it was some kid of bird, but it was the size of a small airplane. Everyone looked to where I pointed, and then suddenly it came into view, it flew very low, right over our heads, and from wingtip to wingtip it was as long as my son' s swing set.
Everyone was shouting and saying things like "holy &)?!&$". And it floated past us and disappeared back into the tree lines.
It was colored like an osprey, mottled back and white underbelly and under its wings, but they don't usually get as big as even an eagle. I'm pretty sure eagles only get seven foot wingspans maximum, but no exaggeration, this thing was easily twice that.
After that, my neighbor wouldn't even let her poodles outside in the yard, let alone her grandchild, for a full week. She kept asking me, "have you seen that monster bird come back?"
I did keep looking for it, armed with a camera this time, but I never saw it again. No one we've talked to had ever seen anything like that.
Sounds like a misplaced California Condor to me. If I remember right, they're one of the biggest birds of prey in the world.

Here is a spooky one.
I was up in our new house cleaning up the basement. I went into my son's room and changed the radio to one of my stations. I finished cleaning and changed the station back to where he had it 103.9FM. I then went down to the old house. Later that night my son came down and asked if I had been in his room. Told him yes. He asked why I had thrown all of his blankets, pillows and sheets on the floor of his room. told him I hadn't touched a thing except his radio. He asked which station I had left it on. I told him. He said it had been changed to 108.1FM He said he normally never picked up that station at all.
His cat's were scared to go into his room.
His model tractors got knocked off the shelf in his room and the word "leave" was spelled with them. Totally freaked him out! Freaked us all out!

I immediately contacted a couple I know. They came out and we had the house smudged. they said I should bring a priest out and have the house blessed. Priest came out today and blessed it. It has felt much lighter now.

Here is a spooky one.
I was up in our new house cleaning up the basement. I went into my son's room and changed the radio  to one of my stations. I finished cleaning and changed the station back to where he had it 103.9FM. I then went down to the old house. Later that night my son came down and asked if I had been in his room. Told him yes. He asked why I had thrown all of his blankets, pillows and sheets on the floor of his room. told him I hadn't touched a thing except his radio. He asked which station I had left it on. I told him. He said it had been changed to 108.1FM He said he normally never picked up that station at all.
His cat's were scared to go into his room.
His model tractors got knocked off the shelf in his room and the word "leave" was spelled with them. Totally freaked him out! Freaked us all out!

I immediately contacted a couple I know. They came out and we had the house smudged. they said I should bring a priest out and have the house blessed. Priest came out today and blessed it. It has felt much lighter now.

That's creepy!

Back
Top Bottom