Texas

big_smile.png
Hey, Carla, I finally made it over here to the new board..This is Nadine-Moodene, located over here in Devers,Texas..kinda sorta over by the east part of Texas near Beaumont.
I have ?? chickens,2 peacocks(penhens coming in spring), 3 dogs,2 ferrets,1 prairie dog, and more ducks coming in next month.
Yea yea yea..I got a hubby,daughter,sil,son and grandson...lol
Anybody else out there close to me?

Hello everyone!

We're in Ft. Worth with 11 chickens: 9 are 15 weeks old, 2 are 13 weeks old. One roo that shoulda been a hen.

We also have dogs, bees and earthworms.

Hey Rafter 7, my mother-in-law lives on Cedar Creek Lake!

bmarshall61, most of ours are from Ideal (the two younger ones are not). We picked them up -- Make sure you CALL AHEAD -- to verify that they didn't ship them!! We drove down there and they had them boxed for shipping and had to pull them off the truck to give them to us -- they were headed for the post office! The invoice even said that we were picking them up. If I pick up from them again, I'm going to call the day before to give them a reminder.

So far we're pretty happy with them and looking forward to some eggs.

Last edited:
thanks ms sherrybb, i am sure that is good advice calling a day in advance to remind them they are pickups

It is in the low 30's today around Lake Livinginston and the wind is howling, glad I don't have any babies to worry about, not sure mama would be happy with chicks in the bedroom.

have a great day
bmarshall

I am in Grandview between Waco and Fort Worth....we have 4 horses, donkey. 4hens one roo and one gueanie, (sorry for the spelling)4 dogs and 1 year old human twins.....can you tell we love animals. We are expanding our chicken flock this year and are really interested in good laying hens and some silkies, polish and dark layers. People love free range eggs here....also the kids are wanting to hatch some eggs, mom does too I am just the big kid....oh and we really want some frizzles too.......I think we want them all....

This site looks really fun!

Hello almost neighbor Cindy. I am originally from Mayperal but as stated above live in Midlothian although we have looked at several places around Grandview to move but just can't seem to pull the trigger to do it. LOL.

If you are looking for birds in the spring I would like to suggest checking with Marshall Grain in Ft Worth. They buy their chicks from Privett Hatchery in New Mexico and in my opinion they are better quality birds than Ideal.

Thanks Wes and yes we are almost neighbors! I have gotten birds from them before too. I also get mine from Joshua feed. Infact they have some for me and we are just waiting on the weather to straighten up. And the locals on "trade fair".

Great job...
Cindy

TO TEXAS HILL COUNTRY

I AM FROM TEXAS.....MISS IT SOOOOOO BAD. LIVE IN UTAH NOW (COLD COUNTRY) MARRIED TO A RANCHER WE RUN A COW- CALF OPERATION,
WAS RAISED IN CLYDE TEXAS ( 15 MILES FROM ABILENE) GOT TO GO BACK 3 YEARS AGO TO SAN ANTONIO TO A CATTLEMENS CONVENTION.... I LOVE TEXAS.... TELL HUSBAND HE WOULD TO BUT HE SAYS IT IS TO HOT THERE...TO COLD HERE....GRIN. AM NEW AT CHICKENS BUT LOVE MESSING AROUND WITH THEM...HAVE ONE BIG ROOSTER WHO IS A BULLY, DID SEPERATE LIL HEN TO GET HER HEALED UP. HOPE IT WORKS...WHERE ARE U IN TEXAS? YA'LL HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Back
Top Bottom