Texas

CARLA....I AM WITH YOU ON THE 100 DEGREES. IT IS 18 BELOW ( AND I DO MEAN BELOW) ZERO HERE NOW...WE ARE HOLDING OUR BREATH CALVING DOESN'T START FOR AWHILE.
I HAVE HEAT LAMPS ALL OVER IN COOP TRYING TO KEEP EVERYTHING WARM....HOLD MY BREATH ALOT....GRIN..

You are right once a Texan always a Texan. I grew up in Brownwood been to Clyde many times....we were in New Mexico for many years and there really just isn't any where like Texas in all the places we have lived! Maybe someday you will get back! Hey I bet you know a good friend my husband's Sambo Sewalt.....big cattle guy....or was at one time....welcome to this board it is absolutely wonderful everyone is so nice and there is so much information here. I am new too....
Cindy

CAN'T SAY I KNOW YOUR HUSBANDS FRIEND BUT MAYBE HE IS IN SOUTHERN UTAH, WE ARE IN EASTERN UTAH, WE ARE AT THE BASE OF THE UINTAH MOUNTAINS, I ALSO LIVED IN NEW MEXICO A LONG TIME AGO, HOBBS AREA, BUT TEXAS IS STILL MY PICK. I HAD FAMILY THAT LIVED IN BROWNWOOD, DON'T KNOW IF ANY STILL THERE OR NOT. HAVE A GREAT DAY, OFF TO WORK NOW, CHECK U LATER

Hi everyone. I live by Lake of the Pines in Ore City which is 25 mi. N. of Longview. I was on the old board so I may be on your texas list. I just haven't posted in a long time.
I only have 2 chickens, 2 donkeys, 1 mini horse, 25 or so Chihuahuas, 2 boxer dogs, 2 cats and a husband. LOL
Linda in E. Texas

Hi guys...
There are lots of folks in the D/FW area on BYC. You may meet a neighbor here.

I used to live in Dallas, but didn't have chickens at the time. Wes in Tx is in Midlothian and may know where you can get your birds processed. You might also check the Meat Bird section here for info.

Got room for another Texan? I am right outside Corsicana. Everyone is right no place like Texas! I have 1 roo, 3 hens, 1 pig, 2 cows, 1 rabbit, 2 poodles, 1 blueheeler/lab, fish, 26 chicks on the way3/26, 6 ducklings and 6 goslings on the way 4/9. I love my critters!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom