Texas

Now y'all have done it. I just went over to the dark side.

Dark Side = Homesteading Today = no fun!

lau.gif

Last edited:
Filling up water in 1 of the coops, felt something looking at me. Someone had been under the mister. Not a good look :)

One of my Javas just caught and ate a tarantula:eek: . We have saved so many of them trying to make that trek across the pasture past all our chickens. It was all over to quick to stop it. All the chickens joined in very fast. Will they be o.k.? Poor spider. Not a good way to go.

POOR SPIDER?!?!???? Oh, honey, my chickens would earn themselves a forever reprieve from the dinner table and maybe even a chicken pedicure or two if they ate any and all giant spiders around my house. We have way too many wolf spiders at my house nowhere near the size of a tarantula, but too da_n big nonetheless. Dinner time, you non-laying birds! Get you some!!!

This thread has become soooo opinionated and is one of the reasons I haven't been on much and notice some of the regulars are not on much lately either. We all have opinions but it seems a few people are trying to push buttons just to get reactions. Everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them.
Just so everyone will know where I am on things....I believe in God, I believe he created the universe, I don't believe he did it in 7 days, I believe we evolved and are still evolving but we didn't evolve "from" apes, I don't believe that heaven waits for only those who congregate, I believe in killing and eating animals, I believe in spanking children that need it, I think marijuana should be legalized, I think we should eliminate High School football from the program (too many head injuries), I don't believe in Obamacare, I don't believe in welfare, I don't think we should bomb Syria *Catches breath* I think we should put the military on the border and shoot the sneaky ******** as they try to come across, I think George Bush did the best he could. I think Walmart is evil and I think GMO is a bad thing. I have thought and read a lot on all of these topics and believe I am right on all accounts and don't think anyone could change my mind on any of it at this point. But these are mine and I respect any ones that differ from mine.
 Can't we try and calm it down just a little? :love

No high school football?!?!???? (**grabs chest and gasps for air**)

What blasphemy is this?

POOR SPIDER?!?!???? Oh, honey, my chickens would earn themselves a forever reprieve from the dinner table and maybe even a chicken pedicure or two if they ate any and all giant spiders around my house. We have way too many wolf spiders at my house nowhere near the size of a tarantula, but too da_n big nonetheless. Dinner time, you non-laying birds! Get you some!!!
No high school football?!?!???? (**grabs chest and gasps for air**)

What blasphemy is this?

Hubby hates spiders lol. I always say he would shoot out the bottom of a boat to kill one.

LOL Blasephemy! In Small Town USA, hs football rules!

I mostly agree with Little Wing - EXCEPT the football thing. My husband and I have no children but we often go to the local high school games just to support our hometown kids. This year and last we have been going to my husband's nephews varsity games. The nephew is a Junior, 16, 6ft and 200+. He plays for Crockett High School which is where I graduated from...in 1980....when it was a "Kicker" school.

KICKER translation for Texas newbies: $h!+ Kicker....Ag People...FFA

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom