Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Little egger plymoth x
mr. Puffy cheeks
funny dots
what is wrong with her feet?

They are so cute. Congrats! If that foot still looks like that after several hours then you are going to want to put a bandaid booty on it as soon as possible.

I guess I might as well join in. I have a Silkie on 4 eggs... And a Wyandotte on 3.

Are broody hens "contagious" per se? It's COLD here, full on winter, and I didn't really expect anybody to brood, but the Silkie started last week, and now the Wyandotte. This is just a couple weeks after I had a Cochin hatch out a single egg... I don't get why everyone is going broody all of a sudden!

Well, I candles my eggs Monday!!! (Day 7). Saw movement on 20/26 eggs and the other 6 are green eggs so I couldn't see anything in them.

They are so cute. Congrats! If that foot still looks like that after several hours then you are going to want to put a bandaid booty on it as soon as possible.

Thanks she is going to be 48 hours old today, both feet look like that, and are getting no better.
Guess I'll name her can't get right lol

I had to look back in the thread to see what you have... Local eggs from a friend's farm hopefully were nice and fresh and shouldn't have a big air cell like lamancha said. Were the cream legbars shipped eggs? Sounds like we should definitely see a picture of the eggs you have a concern with so we can help you better :)

the legbars are shipped here are the photos of the eggs i candles yesterday and today...both on their day 7. i marked where the lines are...all had air cells at 7, the ones

with only one marking had no aircells i could find on day one. now i am starting to think that my aircells (especially from the farm eggs) are a bit large...perhaps up the humidity o 40%

Little egger plymoth x
mr. Puffy cheeks
funny dots
what is wrong with her feet?

Your chicks are adorable! Congrats!! The one with the curled toes will need some corrective taping to prevent it from becoming permanent. Here is a link that shows a variety of leg and feet issues and how you can fix them at home :) hope it helps!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/spraddle-leg-in-baby-chicks-what-is-it.html?m=1

Sometimes these issues are caused by vitamin deficiencies. If you aren't already using it, try getting some Sav-a-Chick electrolyte and vitamin supplement (one little packet is mixed with a gallon of water, then just put the mixture in their waterer.)

I have a hen with crooked toes (got her when it was too late to fix them). She is a sweetheart but she struggles to get around. She can't be in with my rooster because she can't bear his weight on her. If you can fix yours now it will make for a much more comfortable life for her :)

This is my Toe Lulah and her crooked toes.

Thanks she is going to be 48 hours old today, both feet look like that, and are getting no better.
its a little hard to do on such tiny feet, but you need to make a bootie that holds the toes strait from a small triangle of light cardboard and the sticky part of a bandaid....the sooner you get the booties on he beter, you dont want her feet to set that way.

i had a chick i did this with and i took the boots off daily to check and left off when the toes were staying strait on their own. this only took a few days

O!Q and add B2 to their water! i use one of my B Complex Vitamins crushed into a gallon of water and it does wonders for the little uns

Back
Top Bottom