Thanksgiving Hatchalong

the legbars are shipped here are the photos of the eggs i candles yesterday and today...both on their day 7. i marked where the lines are...all had air cells at 7, the ones with only one marking had no aircells i could find on day one. now i am starting to think that my aircells (especially from the farm eggs) are a bit large...perhaps up the humidity o 40%
From what I can see, they don't look to be too big for day 7, but looks like you do have some saddle shaped air cells on the legbars. Those will appear wider/ bigger since you're getting two dips in the air cell vs just a slant to one side. You have good air cells in there too, so those will be a better reference for your humidity as you go forward.

:eek: AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :eek:

I have been warming up the hatcher all day. It only just got up to temp 30 minutes ago! I hadn't even locked down the quail eggs, yet! The eggs which weren't supposed to hatch until Saturday! Well, one of my boys just informed me that one little quail chick already hatched and was crawling about the incubator! I quickly rushed the remaining eggs and chick into the hatcher! Two more were already pipped! Yikes! This has never happened to me before. Not sure if the temps were off or if I miss calculated how many days the incubation was supposed to be.

Well got some eggs today just put em in the bator. I'll be a little behind Turkey day but oh well.
I've set 3 welsummer, 3 white leghorn and 3 mystery eggs.
This will definitely be my last hatch til spring. I will also be getting 12 silkie crosses Saturday, so I'm gonna be crowded til spring.

Ok so my pigeons stopped sitting on their eggs
sad.png
A hawk has been landing on the cage and scaring them and they were just getting so stressed that they quit the nest. So I won't have a baby pigeon hatching on thanksgiving.

They stopped sitting on them last night I think cause yesterday morning they were super cold, candled them and tried putting them in the bator but they are kinda scrambled looking inside and their hearts aren't pulsing. They are still in the bator but I don't have much hope that they are alive.

They stopped sitting on them last night I think cause yesterday morning they were super cold, candled them and tried putting them in the bator but they are kinda scrambled looking inside and their hearts aren't pulsing. They are still in the bator but I don't have much hope that they are alive.

That's so sad. I'm sorry. Fingers crossed until you say otherwise
1f625.png

Oh no! that is so sad :-( hopefully they are ok

Well, after the surprise quail chick hatched while still in the turner I wasn't surprised to see another chick now that the eggs were moved to the hatcher. The only surprise was the chick came from an egg that wasn't pipped at the last check. The two pipped eggs are still sitting there. I hope I didn't kill them in the rushed move.

Back
Top Bottom