Thanksgiving Hatchalong

So I have eggs in the incubator this is my second attempt hatching no success first time. Well I just had my first chick hatch but it seems really close to the side with the other eggs right up against the chick and I am worried that it will not have enough air to survive. Do yall think the chick will be ok? TIA

:celebrate

3 of my eggs go into lock down either tomorrow night or Saturday morning. If you want to be technical, it would be 12 am Saturday. Trying to decide if they can wait until 7/8 am Saturday morning, or if I should just put them into "lock down bator" tomorrow night before I go to bed. 

And then of batch 2 of my Araucana eggs, 4 are developing, with another 2 that look like they might have some veining but can't tell w/o picking them up LOL. 

Yay! Won't be long now :) I vote for lockdown tomorrow night!
The others sound promising! How many days until you candle again?

So I have eggs in the incubator this is my second attempt hatching no success first time. Well I just had my first chick hatch but it seems really close to the side with the other eggs right up against the chick and I am worried that it will not have enough air to survive. Do yall think the chick will be ok? TIA

How's your chick? My guess is that it will be just fine.

Well the chick has moved all over the place now. It gets tired and rest then moves some more. I am amazed at how they can move around in there. I panicked when I first saw it, but I am sure its going to be ok now. Thanks. I also have 2 more pips. This is our first time so we didn't know. We tried once before to hatch but no chicks hatched..

I am hatching my first flock, too! I have 1 chick and 2 pipped Langshan eggs so far. I am a nervous wreck!

Well the chick has moved all over the place now. It gets tired and rest then moves some more. I am amazed at how they can move around in there. I panicked when I first saw it, but I am sure its going to be ok now. Thanks. I also have 2 more pips. This is our first time so we didn't know. We tried once before to hatch but no chicks hatched..

Congrats to you both! :) Sounds like lots of new babies on the way! Hope you can relax a little as things progress and can share some pictures of your new flock members with us!

It isn't as bad once you've gotten through your first hatch, my first one was a disaster and a half, 2 hatched one died right after breaking free had absorbed yolk but not veins, 4 malpositioned and 13 that died between 3-8 days in. Thanks to PD we got some trouble shooting on incubator done and are trying again.

once these hatch will give them a few days then take them and the one from first hatch out to one of our hens that likes being momma, just not being broody

10! We are up to 10 quail chicks! Woohoo! Still hear al lot of shell pecking. Maybe more will hatch by morning!

Also, 10 out 10 chicken eggs are locking down tomorrow!

It isn't as bad once you've gotten through your first hatch, my first one was a disaster and a half, 2 hatched one died right after breaking free had absorbed yolk but not veins, 4 malpositioned and 13 that died between 3-8 days in. Thanks to PD we got some trouble shooting on incubator done and are trying again.

once these hatch will give them a few days then take them and the one from first hatch out to one of our hens that likes being momma, just not being broody

Oh wow I am sorry about that! Hope your hatch now goes well! I was really scared at first but this sweet little baby is just all over the place in there! Seems to be so strong so far.
And Best of Luck to you too All Creatures

1 lone chick and get less sleep than when first hatch went into lock down, this one thinks sleep is for the weak and nobody should get any lol. She was fine in the incubator 12 hours later , let her dry out there took her a bit to get rid of half the egg shell then dried most of the way.

Back
Top Bottom