Thanksgiving Hatchalong

Well, my hatch wasn't as successful as I'd hoped, but I do have 3 healthy chicks that are doing great in the temporary brooder until I get them moved to the coop brooder.

Out of 8 shipped Marans, I had 4 make it to lockdown, 2 hatched fine, 1 pipped but never absorbed the yolk and died in its shell :-( so sad. The last egg has no movement so I'm leaving it in the bator one more day before I call it a done deal.

My flock's eggs out of 6, only 2 were fertile. One of those hatched- it's the all black chick in the middle in the pic below. It's got the blackest little feet lol. He/she is a silver laced Wyandotte X black star hen.

2hatched, (1 looks like the toe is not straight so I will splint when I can take them out.). Multiple pips. Humidity looks good. Will post pictures later. :)

2hatched, (1 looks like the toe is not straight so I will splint when I can take them out.). Multiple pips. Humidity looks good. Will post pictures later. :)

Congrats on your 2 babies! Sounds like things are going well :)

Ditto: got about 5-6 pips and 1 with a sizeable crack that will hopefully zip soon.

Sounds like it won't be much longer for you then!

all eggs are on lock down! so excited!

one egg has a 'bump' on the side...no clue if its a calcium deposit i never noticed or a pip

at the angle i cant tell, but that doesnt stop me from running down the stairs and looking every 5 minutes

who would have thought hatching eggs was such good exercise?

So I've never hatched furry feet chicks before. So weird question. Do their feet take longer to straitened out? Looks like my earlier one's foot is fine now but two more have hatched and I don't remember it taking so long for their feet to straighten (maybe I'm just paranoid).

Back
Top Bottom