Thanksgiving Hatchalong

So I've never hatched furry feet chicks before. So weird question. Do their feet take longer to straitened out? Looks like my earlier one's foot is fine now but two more have hatched and I don't remember it taking so long for their feet to straighten (maybe I'm just paranoid).

I think my Marans were about the same as my clean leg breeds. I even looked back at some pics from spring with all clean legged chicks and they all looked about the same as my babies today :) That's great that yours is already looking more straight!

Got two quail babies and more pips! Ones definitely texas A & m and the other looks like normal coturnix.

Last edited:
Quick question while I was gone son didn't check incubator and when I got home humidity was down to 16% not sure for how long we are due to go into lock down Wednesday. Is that going to be a problem for my Chicken eggs? I added some water to it to get it back up it's now at 41%

Last edited:
Quick question while I was gone son didn't check incubator and when I got home humidity was down to 16% not sure for how long we are due to go into lock down Wednesday. Is that going to be a problem for my Chicken eggs? I added some water to it to get it back up it's now at 41%
I think it really depends on how long it was so low and what the aircells look like. What day are they on?

They should be fine I think, as long as the air cells are not crazy big. Maybe keep the humidity a little bit higher the next few days though to be safe.

So far 9/24 shipped quail have hatched, but one had splayed legs and didn't make it. Also got 1/24 chickens, but since it was from trader joes I am amazed even 1 hatched. Got a few left in case they are late bloomers.

Update: 24 into lockdown. 17 hatched, not too bad
1f600.png
Last 2 got some assistance, so will keep an eye on them. 13 are in the brooder box.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom