The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, both chicks have one eye that's staying closed. Should I remove them and put a warm compress on them to maybe loosen up anything that may be causing them to be sticky? I mean I dont see anything but that doesn't mean I'm not missing something.

The one that pipped lastnight hasnt hatched yet... should I be worried?? I do have 2 more pips this morning. I'm hoping someone hatches!!!
fl.gif

I tried moving my bator yesterday to a better place and the temp paid a price, it was late/early this am b4 I got it back. Had 1 rocking the whole time but not this am. Hope I didn't screw it up to bad. Well time will tell.

Bad day...bad day... but not with the eggs (atleast I hope...havent checked on them again)
My two boys at home 15 & 17 had a childhood friend (17) get killed tonight in a car accident. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was ejected.  The driver one of his friends was driving recklessly.  The father of Hunter (the one that passed) died several years ago and mom has had a tough time as she is blind.  She relied on hunter for everthing...groceries, get to work etc.  This has been a devestating evening, but... I post so you go hug your love ones, life is too fragile not to shower your loved ones with affection, and lecture lecture lecture your teenage drivers about reckless driving and wearing their seat belts.  Please God take me before I ever lose a child.

What a terrible tragedy, especially when the mother has already lost a husband and depended on her son for so much... Life is precious and anyone can be taken from us at any second. My in-laws have lost 3 children. The first one, their oldest daughter, choked on a cherry pit and died when she was 4. The second, their youngest daughter, was hit by a train and killed about a month shy of her 18th birthday. The third was my husband, who died of a massive stroke that hit this healthy 42 year old man suddenly and without any warning... So I second the plea to hug your loved ones and tell them at every opportunity how much they mean to you...

OK, both chicks have one eye that's staying closed. Should I remove them and put a warm compress on them to maybe loosen up anything that may be causing them to be sticky? I mean I dont see anything but that doesn't mean I'm not missing something.

It's likely sticky album on them. You can remove them and use a q-tip or piece of damp paper towel to clean the area. Later in the hatch mine start to have egg shells stuck to them due to the high humidity spikes of the hatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom