The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Silkie, I have silkies hatching too! Day 20, I have three now. Lots of pips. Makes me nervous when there are those that have hatched, and then those that are pipped, and have been, for a while..I get nervous then!

A little while ago, everyone was chatting about their birds eating small animals. I thought you would like these pictures that my kids took the other day of their little peahen. (She is not yet full grown.) They are not super clear, they were taken on the fly....

Small peahen, at least partially alive grown mouse!
lau.gif
Poor mouse....
I just got a bunch of photos of one of my cali-whites eating a frog. She smushed it up a lot and then swallowed it whole!

Hey Silkie, I have silkies hatching too!  Day 20, I have three now.  Lots of pips.  Makes me nervous when there are those that have hatched, and then those that are pipped, and have been, for a while..I get nervous then! 

I just hatched 6 polish eggs. Half were fathered by my silkie roo & looks like the cream legbar roo is the daddy of the other 3. My polish roo likes my ee bantam hen...who I also just hatched 3 from. Rainbow babies are still hatching & the blrw & bbs eng orps are due today. Already have 13 running around the brooder.
I also have about 40 rainbow babies in the garage, 4 buckeye pullets (hatchery), 4 blue marans, 1 tolbunt (my son's), 2 turkeys & 2 half grown ancona ducklings. The other brooder in the house has 1 ancona & 20+ rainbow babies.
And there are 17 more meaties waiting to go in my freezer roaming my yard.

Last edited:
Last day to enter

Contest #4: Cutest Baby Fowl

Go here to enter: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ntest-5th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long/0_50

Brinsea’s Cutest Baby Fowl Photo Contest!
5th Annual 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

We are looking for the cutest baby Fowl out there!

animated-hearts.gif
animated-hearts.gif

A Panel of Judges will
determine the winner!

The Prize:
Mini Advance Incubator

Courtesy of Brinsea

www.Brinsea.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom