The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, so precious.I would totally help them make a come back! So sweet! I want one!
I'm going to make a waiting list for them soon just in case, if you want to be on it, you would be the first. We are going to try to hatch out some more hens soon so we have a better chance. There are only a few things that dont meet SoP (i finally got a hold of it and checked them) but they are very minor so shouldnt be hard to work out of the lines.
The males are 22-24oz and females 20-22oz. So less than a large carton of eggs!

I'm going to make a waiting list for them soon just in case, if you want to be on it, you would be the first. We are going to try to hatch out some more hens soon so we have a better chance. There are only a few things that dont meet SoP (i finally got a hold of it and checked them) but they are very minor so shouldnt be hard to work out of the lines.
I wish I could. I'm incubating ohiki's and I have to get ready for them. The cages are expensive and I got to seperate my bantams and my large fowl and my egg layers. I've got to organize my farm! xD Also move into our house. The barn is pretty much the only thing getting done! I want to become NPIP Certified. :)

I wish I could. I'm incubating ohiki's and I have to get ready for them. The cages are expensive and I got to seperate my bantams and my large fowl and my egg layers. I've got to organize my farm! xD Also move into our house. The barn is pretty much the only thing getting done! I want to become NPIP Certified. :) 
it probably won't be until this fall or next spring when I sell chicks. Its too humid here to hatch righn

I can get you the NPIP inspector's cell number if you want it. If you have less than 50 birds it only costs you $35.

I can get you the NPIP inspector's cell number if you want it. If you have less than 50 birds it only costs you $35.

I lost count... I won't have no 50 though. Still got one more year of high school and I want to focus on that so I'll be busy with college courses. We have all our birds in a horse stall that is huge! I think I hold like 25-30 chickens in there. All bantams and 1 large girl. And I won't be ready until this time next year. Sadly...

is that all i thought it would be more then that. I really wanted to get it done so i could start selling at the farmer market but don't want to mess with that until i know poultry is a permanent thing in my life though
hmm.png

I finally got (my 6 yr old sons) Nankins! So excites to start breeding them to standard. These are my first bantams and are the only known natural bantam. They are also on the critical list so we are going to try to contribute to breeding them back up and into the standard. I believe my trio are within standard but haven't found the SoP yet to make sure (if anyone can point me to that it would be apprieciated, its not in the 2010 book BC they were added in 2012) These are suck sweet birds I just had to share them with you guys.

Congrats! To my knowledge, the 2010 edition SOP is the last one that has been published. I don't know when the next one comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom