The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, reread your first response..you said, yes..ha..that means yes..to my question on waiting. Woot. I do get things once in a while. :D
I must take the time to re-read when I post HA HA HA

I think you got it and not with my help HA HA HA

Here's my total...

134 chicken eggs
6 turkey eggs
48 quail
That's a lot.
ep.gif

A lot of sellers don't put fragile stickers on anymore because of how many people have reported that more boxes are damaged when labeled fragile as opposed to not being labeled. All it takes apparently is one postal worker in a tiffy mood... I still label my egg boxes because it's what buyers expect, but they sometimes request that I not label, due to their own experiences.
Good luck with these. Chicken eggs are pretty amazing. I say, don't lose hope and give them a chance. I'm sure everyone wants to know how they look when candled and then what your hatch rate is.....
smile.png

Yes the seller sent me photos of the box she received today and it was in worst shape and it was marked somebody at the post office did not do right by the eggs. I do like my boxes labled because I know that at least my postman treats them better. I am happy to have 12 intact eggs happy that she sent me an extra super excited to see what I get from these english orpington eggs am I imagining it or are the English orpington eggs larger then the other orpington eggs. I have one last group of eggs to pick up tomorrow morning and then I will have my final count. LOL is there a contest for the most eggs set by one BYC member? I really wasn't trying to but as I said I had a customer ask me to hatch out a large quantity for him he is refreshing his BYM laying flock (he has about 150 birds and trys to add up to 100 young chickens every year).

Hen is still on eggs! When will I know for sure if shes going to stay on them? didn't think I would be able to join the Hatch-a-long because I have eggs hatching today that are in the incubator and none of my hens have ever tried sitting, so I'm really happy she chose today to sit

I'm in for the hatch. Set 18 mixed eggs today. Some ee's and the rest are mixed .I hope my friend really wants chicks. I have 3 brooders going now and my new coop is still a few weeks away. Chicken math has exceeded my housing capacity. We also purchased 2 Scottish Highland Heifers yesterday for delivery next week. Got to get the electric fence up Monday around the 3 acre brush and pasture where they will be. We are picking up a 3 yr old mamma Great Pyr and one of her pups tomorrow. Just set up a new kennel for them in the freezing rain today. It has been a little hectic around here this week!!! hope everyone has a great hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom