The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not nice, but thats what brothers are for... To scare sisters with their pony chickens
Your right it's not lol. ( when I had said "Yes it is, I men, the job of brothers lol" though I DO need to work on not scaring her, LOL. Just so tempting.
big_smile.png
t

Last edited:
uuuuh I have a question. I was just looking at greenfire because I relly do want some chicks from them......I say a paif they have for sale is like $4.999 and one chick of a barnivelder is $50. are these prices LEGIT?

anyone who had bought from greenfire, did you RELLY pay that price for chicks?!?!?!?

Some people do. Greenfire's prices are high. You can get stuff cheeper on rarebreed auction if you want some chicks from them. You just have to wait for it to come up- or find someone else who has the breed.

Pony Chickens! I must have some of those here somewhere! I've had emus before, but if they kept those black and white stripes, I would most certainly have them here for good.

Here are some pictures of my son's d'Uccle chick. He bred a black/brown roo with a golden neck hen. We took some different photos of the chick for the chick contest!

Hatched Monday, 3/31

Weren't we recently talking about penguins?

Show that fluffy butt!

This chick's middle toe on each foot is pink. She keeps looking at them and pecking at them hoping they are worms.
lol.png

uuuuh I have a question. I was just looking at greenfire because I relly do want some chicks from them......I say a paif they have for sale is like $4.999 and one chick of a barnivelder is $50. are these prices LEGIT?

anyone who had bought from greenfire, did you RELLY pay that price for chicks?!?!?!?

Some people do, yes. I think the Cream Legbars were $100/chick when they first came out.

It depends on which barnevelders you are talking about. You can get blues from many people here. But Greenfire is the only one that have imported the black/silver double laced (bantams). Some other breeders are creating their own LF black/silver barnies.

I have to admit this to someone. I just brought home 3 feed store chicks. All of them had pasty butt really bad and an older lady was looking them over lamenting their care but her husband kept saying "no, put them back". So I got three of the worse cases out of pitty for the little guys and when I was leaving she made sure I knew they had pasty and wanted to make sure I had Save-A-Chick. I think she was relieved at least some went home with someone aware of how to take care if them.

So uh, I guess what I am saying is, I need to mail order my feed or something because I cannot be trusted in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom