The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit this to someone. I just brought home 3 feed store chicks. All of them had pasty butt really bad and an older lady was looking them over lamenting their care but her husband kept saying "no, put them back". So I got three of the worse cases out of pitty for the little guys and when I was leaving she made sure I knew they had pasty and wanted to make sure I had Save-A-Chick. I think she was relieved at least some went home with someone aware of how to take care if them.

So uh, I guess what I am saying is, I need to mail order my feed or something because I cannot be trusted in there.

Lol- I stay away from the big ones in springtime. I use my little local guy down the street who does not sell chicks. Heaven knows why I even want them, I hatch better ones all the time... But.. A bantam assortment bin... You never know what your gunna get!!

Lol- I stay away from the big ones in springtime. I use my little local guy down the street who does not sell chicks. Heaven knows why I even want them, I hatch better ones all the time... But.. A bantam assortment bin... You never know what your gunna get!!

It was exactly the bantam bin I fell for - and I like the big chickens! I'll rationalize it in retrospect - I need those perfect itty bitty eggs for bit sized deviled eggs. There we go.

I have to admit this to someone. I just brought home 3 feed store chicks. All of them had pasty butt really bad and an older lady was looking them over lamenting their care but her husband kept saying "no, put them back". So I got three of the worse cases out of pitty for the little guys and when I was leaving she made sure I knew they had pasty and wanted to make sure I had Save-A-Chick. I think she was relieved at least some went home with someone aware of how to take care if them.

So uh, I guess what I am saying is, I need to mail order my feed or something because I cannot be trusted in there.
I've found that pasty butt happens most often when they get chilled. Good for you for taking them though!

I've got to be careful because I'm having a hard time resisting the ducklings. Right now I have meaties, and they are messy enough!

Last edited:
Quote:
It was down completely for bit I think. Hey...we crashed BYC!!!!! Take that, Ellen!!!
lau.gif

I have pekins housed with my meaties same eating habits and smells and seems like they grow at about the same rate.

I haven't yet said how many eggs I've set! I set 99, and I've got to candle right away to see if I can make any room! I only set an auction for the Chocolate Marans, but none for the Cochins or Rocks or Ameraucanas, so I've got them suddenly coming out my ears!!! {rummaging through Craigslist to find another Sportsman}

Eeeep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom