The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if its a bug or that I ate some bad shrimp the other night, been feeling it ever since. Thanks Mike
I think something may be going around in Mid-Atlantic. Had a team member call out yesterday. Said he caught it from a nephew and it is going around in his household as well. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Here are the girls helping me to divide daylilies. I'm trying to get as many done as I can this week so that I can ship some off to friends and family.

sandi
My hens always want to help me when I divide my daylilies and hostas! There are all kinds of goodies hiding in those clumps!
thumbsup.gif

I've divided quite of few of mine in the last couple of years and sent them as swaps to some BYCers! Gotta share the daylily love along with the chicken love!
big_smile.png

I'm trying to get some divided to send to wisher and to an aunt in AR. Iris, too. I'm over run with both. I also started with one peony when we bought the house 12 years ago that has become many many more.

You young lady, are adorable! And, I can see why you would be pretty sad about losing such a beautiful hen. She has a very sweet face, you can only tell that she feels loved. :)
Sorry about your baby chick. :( I am hatcing silkies right now, and I really get scared right about now..one is out, one is zipping, and a lot of pips that have stayed the same for quite a while.
Your little chick...who knows. It happens. Did you get your humidity down a bit? You don't want condensation on the windows. How many do you have left to hatch? Hoping they make it!!
We had 3 but she only hatched, we have 2 due in a week and a half. we just check the egg due next week and it died... The humidity didnt go down at all!

We know how difficult it is to get a great picture of your birds flapping! Great entries everyone!

The winners of the Flapper Contest are......

1st Place:

troyer
LL

2nd Place:

Bulldogma
LL

3rd Place:

Blue Creek Farm
LL

Congratulations!

I'm trying to get some divided to send to wisher and to an aunt in AR. Iris, too. I'm over run with both. I also started with one peony when we bought the house 12 years ago that has become many many more.
We've been here almost 13 years, new house on former cattle/woodlot, so I took it upon myself to beautify the place.....over doing it is an understatement!
hmm.png
I've spent the past couple of years "undoing" some of it. It got to be a chore and not pleasure so I needed to reduce. Now I'm getting it under control and only keep the plants I absolutely love. I love Iris too but they don't hold up to "chicken pressure" like the daylilies. I have to put fencing around the Irises to keep the chicken from digging up the rhizomes so I don't have as many of them as in the past.

A little while ago, everyone was chatting about their birds eating small animals. I thought you would like these pictures that my kids took the other day of their little peahen. (She is not yet full grown.) They are not super clear, they were taken on the fly....

Here she is holding a live mouse by the ear. She had just pounced on it and snatched it up.

She takes off running with it....

Pauses to get a better grip by it's scruff...

Pops it into her mouth....

And swallows!

Small peahen, at least partially alive grown mouse!
lau.gif
Poor mouse....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom