The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here have experience with BCM's? I hatched out 5 for this hatchalong and as of yet I see no copper...anywhere. lol I thought they would have traces of it by now but maybe not?

Anyone on here have experience with BCM's? I hatched out 5 for this hatchalong and as of yet I see no copper...anywhere. lol I thought they would have traces of it by now but maybe not?
A lot of BCM are over melanized; these were from the Easter hatch? so going on 3 months, right? Cockerels generally will feather in copper in the neck by now at least; a lot of my pullets are way too dark and only get a sprinkle of copper around three to four months.

A lot of BCM are over melanized; these were from the Easter hatch? so going on 3 months, right? Cockerels generally will feather in copper in the neck by now at least; a lot of my pullets are way too dark and only get a sprinkle of copper around three to four months.

chiqita has a good line of FBCMs that do not over copper. Yes, pullets should have nearly no copper at 3 months. Cockerels should have some my now. You do know the boys from the girls now right? Bye three months you can tell by the comb and wattles.

d_canon.gif

Post pictures that show a side view and a front view that show the combs and wattles.

Last edited:

chiqita has a good line of FBCMs that do not over copper. Yes, pullets should have nearly no copper at 3 months. Cockerels should have some my now. You do know the boys from the girls now right? Bye three months you can tell by the comb and wattles.

d_canon.gif

Post pictures that show a side view and a front view that show the combs and wattles.
Oh yes I can def tell my 2 boys from the girls.
big_smile.png
Unless I'm overlooking it I haven't seen any copper developing on any of them but I'll take a couple pictures tomorrow when I get home from work. Maybe I'm just color blind.
tongue2.gif

My 8 red golden pheasant egg embryos are all Developing nicely. WHOOP WHOOP.
celebrate.gif

Ah my eggs that I got mailed to me last week are not doing good. the bubbles are still moving! *Crys* is that normal? this is my first time doing mailed eggs cause my first batch got cooked... Like I just want to have at least one phoenix! DX
I'm sorry, sounds like the aircells are dislodged. When you candle, do you see an entire airsac moving around or do you see lots of tiny bubbles?

The copper comes later. My 2 pullets that hatched at Easter are still solid black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom