The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that the incubator temperature may need to be fiddled with as the chicks develop because they're putting off their own heat.
Mine is doing the same...even with my house heated it dropped the last two nights to 97° and went up to 102° during the afternoon.
sad.png
I'm afraid to walk away and have it go above 102°

I just had to tweak my bators last night. They were toasty. Going to keep it lower the rest of the time.

I don't see why they should need to be tweeked (although I know it happens). You would think the thermostats would do their job.
I was paying more attention to this hatch and just realized they feel heavier when they are close to hatch. Maybe it's just me bit they seem to have a more substantial feel to them. My patience is starting to wear on me already and I want to see these babies NOW. Ugh, now im seeing the Heinz ketchup commercial in my head!

I don't see why they should need to be tweeked (although I know it happens). You would think the thermostats would do their job.
I was paying more attention to this hatch and just realized they feel heavier when they are close to hatch. Maybe it's just me bit they seem to have a more substantial feel to them. My patience is starting to wear on me already and I want to see these babies NOW. Ugh, now im seeing the Heinz ketchup commercial in my head!

I agree with the thermostat comment.
What I don't understand is why the thermostat allows a temperature drop when water/humidity is added, I have to go back to fifth grade text book, "I am not smarter than a fifth grader"! The answer must have something to do with wet bulb and evaporation.

edited for fifth grade grammar mistake.
old.gif

Last edited:
"Anticipation, anticiPAA-YAAA-shun!" (then can't remember the rest of the line - HA!)

It's because I use the cheaper bator. Not sure what bator keeps perfect temps.

bekkandblue,

My dogs do agility, too, so I smile whenever I see your avatar.

That's my girl Belle! She turned 15 in February but in her day she beat some world team dogs! Disclaimer: on our style of course only, which was full one pedal to the metal don't look back. Those were fun days! Now we hang in the back yard and walk in the pasture, maybe some short tug games. Her sister, Blue, made it to 17 so I'm hoping we have some good years left! Best performance dog I will EVER have!

There's someone else on here who does agility, in TX I think. Has her dog over a jump as an avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom