The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this was a really difficult contest to judge! There are so many fantastic submissions!

The winners of the Flapper Contest are...........

1st Place:

chickenlady099
LL

2nd Place:

mayang
LL

3rd Place:

toynutz
LL

Congratulations to the winners! And thank you to everyone that entered!

We used the arduino temp/humidity sensor with good results so far. (8 of 12 chicks hatched, 2 early quitters, 2 still waiting)

EDIT: we also use an accurite as a second opinion, but the controls are hooked to the arduino.

Interesting. I think these have a lot of promise, and I'm looking forward to playing around with mine. Probe placement is turning out to be a lot more critical than I had originally imagined, so I'm holding off on recommending these to any people who don't like to fiddle. Glad to hear yours worked out well. Are you posting in the Incubator/incubation threads?

We are FINALLY getting some snow!
woot.gif
Northern CA has been in an extreme drought, and we've had very little snow all winter. It's not sticking yet, but it is snowing like crazy!
wee.gif
I'll take every bit of water we can get!
With all these oil pipelines they are building, they need to build some water pipelines. We are having flooding issues over here. Our house is high and dry on a hillside, but there are little streams running everywhere through our farm. And oh, THE MUD!!!
tongue.gif
I would gladly ship some rain your way if I could.
hugs.gif

Interesting. I think these have a lot of promise, and I'm looking forward to playing around with mine.  Probe placement is turning out to be a lot more critical than I had originally imagined, so I'm holding off on recommending these to any people who don't like to fiddle.  Glad to hear yours worked out well.  Are you posting in the Incubator/incubation threads?
no not currently. our incubator is very jerry rigged this year so will probably document it when we have more than duck tape and a bread board on a cardboard box holding it together

Quote: None of the above.
tongue.png

With all these oil pipelines they are building, they need to build some water pipelines. We are having flooding issues over here. Our house is high and dry on a hillside, but there are little streams running everywhere through our farm. And oh, THE MUD!!!
tongue.gif
I would gladly ship some rain your way if I could.
hugs.gif
Oh yes, we know mud! We have clay soil, and it's slick as snot when it's wet. Gotta have good traction on my muck boots! Hope you guys dry out!

It seems everyone recommends the Brinsea Spot Check, which I did get. But what about a hygrometer? My Accurites are junk and always read different than each other in temp and humidity. What should I get?

These are awesome hygrometers, plus the thermometers have been rock steady as well...
Can find them at PetSmart, etc, but cheaper online...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/291425750802

I love digital, but gotta say these are WAY more accurate... hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom