The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Started collecting eggs yesterday to set for the Hatch A Long.
woot.gif
Can't wait to see your babies! Some NN's in there right?

I'm happy and disappointed all at once. Jet laid her first egg today. It was tan, not blue. She looks exactly like an Ameraucana, but she's actually an EE.
hmm.png
I shouldn't complain since I got her for free, but I wanted to pair her with my FBCM roo and I can't do that (for the olive eggs) now. I guess I could see if her fluffy cheeks breed true. Can you see it? Fluffy cheeks and legs.
lol.png

I kicked the chicks out of the house today. Oddball (FBCM roo) was so happy to have them as neighbors. He was talking to them and calling them over to eat. He's so funny, but he's an awesome roo. I wouldn't trade him for anything. With any luck, some of the chicks will be hens and lay blue eggs. Some hatched from blue eggs, some from green, and 2 from brown. And I think those 2 may be Doms.

LL

Oh my goodness..cuteness heart attack! You have the cutest bantams! Frizzle, or no frizzle..take your pick. :)

I'm throwing my feathered cap into the ring..
cool.png
We've just hatched our first chickie and I think we're ready to get serious with this thing! Nothing fancy here: just barnyard crosses (Australorp roo + RIR, SLW, & an Ameraucana)

First chick of many, I hope!
fl.gif

Side note: We really don't know which eggs belong to which hen (except the Ameraucana of course). Any idea if this chick is a wyandotte or a RIR cross?
Love this photo..can I use it for a welcome post?

I found this out! With Bubba gone, I'm still seeing fertile eggs from two different hens! It's been three weeks at least since I placed him. I have some in lock down right now..four, then one last one..that developed that I put in about a week and a half ago. It will have Bantam Barred Rock buddies.

I would like to join- but none of my hens are accepting my new roos. =( So I am doing a little shout out.

I want to hatch easter eggers for my Easter hatch. Anyone have some of a different color? I love the EE's with unexpected coloring. =)

My EE Snowbird-

I'm happy and disappointed all at once. Jet laid her first egg today. It was tan, not blue. She looks exactly like an Ameraucana, but she's actually an EE.
hmm.png
I shouldn't complain since I got her for free, but I wanted to pair her with my FBCM roo and I can't do that (for the olive eggs) now. I guess I could see if her fluffy cheeks breed true. Can you see it? Fluffy cheeks and legs.
lol.png

I kicked the chicks out of the house today. Oddball (FBCM roo) was so happy to have them as neighbors. He was talking to them and calling them over to eat. He's so funny, but he's an awesome roo. I wouldn't trade him for anything. With any luck, some of the chicks will be hens and lay blue eggs. Some hatched from blue eggs, some from green, and 2 from brown. And I think those 2 may be Doms.

I've had that happen to me twice now..waitng, waiting..for that blue egg..then it comes brown, or creme.

It's nice to have a sweet happy rooster isn't it? I wish I could have kept my Bubba!

Back
Top Bottom