The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Quote:
Oh gosh...am I really weighing in on this?
hide.gif

gig.gif

I believe to each their own. For anyone using heating pads, just be aware that care homes (at least the one that my Grandmother is in) will NOT allow heating pads because they are a fire risk. They also aren't allowed to have a lava lap.
roll.png

I did get my grandma's heating pads, but am too afraid to use them...lol.
gig.gif

On the other hand, I use heat lamps...I've used heat lamps for over 30 years. I've got one going right now. I will continue to use them.
(of course now that I've said this Murphy's law will kick my butt and burn my coop down.)
th.gif

I'm actually more afraid of the wiring in the century old house I'm sitting in than my heat lamps.

But again...to each their own. Use what works best for YOU! Everything comes with a risk.
idunno.gif

(and I refuse to be afraid to live life)

I just wanted to share that information.
thumbsup.gif

Oh gosh...am I really weighing in on this?
hide.gif

gig.gif

I believe to each their own. For anyone using heating pads, just be aware that care homes (at least the one that my Grandmother is in) will NOT allow heating pads because they are a fire risk. They also aren't allowed to have a lava lap.
roll.png

I did get my grandma's heating pads, but am too afraid to use them...lol.
gig.gif

On the other hand, I use heat lamps...I've used heat lamps for over 30 years. I've got one going right now. I will continue to use them.
(of course now that I've said this Murphy's law will kick my butt and burn my coop down.)
th.gif

I'm actually more afraid of the wiring in the century old house I'm sitting in than my heat lamps.

But again...to each their own. Use what works best for YOU! Everything comes with a risk.
idunno.gif

(and I refuse to be afraid to live life)

I just wanted to share that information.
thumbsup.gif
I have a couple of heating pads too--for aches and pains and raising bread. I would not use them with my breeds. By the time they were 6 weeks old, they would be ripping them to pieces!

One BLRW is out! several others pipped, in totally I had 11 eggs in lockdown of originally 27 set i think it was. 10 are BLRW and 1 lonely araucana bantam which is pipped!!! poor thing was the lone survivor of 15!

Back
Top Bottom