The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Duct tape. I have 4 kids and duct tape works great, for the lid not the kids lol. Kids can be great. The other day my 1 1/2 yr old watched me intently as I candled eggs, I left the clears on the bathroom sink. I watchged him as he then proceeded to replace

:lau
I was wondering!

@Sally Sunshine Hi Sally & Mike, I have 4 pips this morning
ya.gif
This is suppose to be hatch day, but upon calibrating the therm/hygro in the incubator that they spent the first 18 days in. For some reason the thermo was off a degree. I had calibrated it just at the start of putting those eggs in. I'm not certain why or when it changed but that would explain why these eggs are running late. So glad I checked it before adding another full tray into that incubator. Sally thanks for STRESSING the importance of calibrating before EVERY hatch
highfive.gif
hugs.gif
EXCITING!!!! Come On littles!!!
tumblr_inline_o1sh6ryr5d1szanga_500.gif

23203_original.gif

My silkie eggs still aren't doing anything, but there's still plenty of time. More chicks have hatched and as a result I've had to open the bator to vent some of the humidity a few times. My windows are fogging up.
lol.png
They're popping out pretty quickly now.

More pics from the bator. Most of the chicks are hatching yellow, unless the mom was black.

tumblr_mlz71pM6fE1rcy99do1_r1_500.gif

I had to pull my first 2 hatchlings. They kept getting stuck on the cartons. I've never hatched in an egg carton but with shipped eggs and wonky air cells I thought it a good idea. The box is clear and my older chicks keep coming over to check out the new babies
1f60d.png
What are they?! They look like you last week! No way man. I wasn't that funny looking. Will you guys hush. Those are babies.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Last edited:
We are READY! anticipation is at a high level for our Seniors and Staff :yiipchick
:highfive: Loved seeing you do this last year and love it again this year!!! Please post after pics with your happy residents??? :)
I was thinking that too!! I just hope dust doesn't get all over the copier...lol. Beware...mine chucked stuff everywhere...even out of the top of their cage.:gig
Wicked, that's not a copier... that's their bator... :D ;)

wee.gif
So far 2 of my cream legbars have hatched!!! I think they are both boys lol but that's ok as long as at least ONE of the other eggs that is pipping is a girl. And I LOVE their little puffy hairdos, so cute!

Back
Top Bottom