The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

This crazy chick keeps rolling the other eggs around
1f602.png
1f602.png
I usually pull them when they fluff but I don't like pulling only one. Suggestions?

th.gif
I just got the last 5 babies out of the bator and put the next 88 in. One already hatched and two are pipping. They were not supposed to hatch for another 2 days. Here is the first arrival

l

Where you at @jcopeland29710 ? maybe we can send a few fertile eggs for you to hatch so you can join us in the fun. Im sure there are plenty here that can send a few, even if barnyard mix.
I am located in Clover,SC which is about 30 min. south of Charlotte, NC. And yes if there is anyone that wants to provide me eggs to join in the hatch-a-long I would love to be back in business.
celebrate.gif

It is with much dread that I report I will not be able to participate in the Hatch-A-Long.  This past weekend a predator killed my only Roo :barnie .  Not just my roo but my two easter eggers as well.  Fortunately I had just hatched some eggs and I am pretty sure one of them is a roo (only 2 weeks old) but it will be a while before he is big enough to keep the girls safe.

Hopefully next year.

Did you only have the 2 hens? If you have more they will still lay fertile eggs without the roo for 2-3 weeks.

I cannot keep up at all! I'm pages and pages behind.

@chattery41 Cathy, I am glad you discovered you had a bad appendicts before it ruptured! Hope for a speedy recovery. Careful toting water to our flock!
hugs.gif

My Ecoglow brooder plate failed last night. It was about 60 degrees in the room and the chicks were one day old. I lost 3 of them.
hit.gif
I was able to revive the rest with warm water and a premier one plate that wasn't in use. This is another first for me. That thing should still be under warranty so I am going to be calling about that.

I figure I have time for one more set of eggs before the Easter Hatch along and my shipped eggs come. This will be my 3rd test hatch since deciding to do the hatch along...I would have not known the brooder plate was bad except for the test hatch...Yeah, that's the story I will tell...All of these "test" chickens are necessary to check out the equipment...
idunno.gif

Got to go get distilled water.
yesss.gif

I cannot keep up at all! I'm pages and pages behind.

@chattery41 Cathy, I am glad you discovered you had a bad appendicts before it ruptured! Hope for a speedy recovery. Careful toting water to our flock!
hugs.gif

My Ecoglow brooder plate failed last night. It was about 60 degrees in the room and the chicks were one day old. I lost 3 of them.
hit.gif
I was able to revive the rest with warm water and a premier one plate that wasn't in use. This is another first for me. That thing should still be under warranty so I am going to be calling about that.

I figure I have time for one more set of eggs before the Easter Hatch along and my shipped eggs come. This will be my 3rd test hatch since deciding to do the hatch along...I would have not known the brooder plate was bad except for the test hatch...Yeah, that's the story I will tell...All of these "test" chickens are necessary to check out the equipment...
idunno.gif

Got to go get distilled water.
yesss.gif
Check out the premier1 Brooder plate as a backup. I like it much better than the eco glow.

Spent some time out in the coops today, trying to get a flapping photograph. No luck with anything worthy, but I did snap these...

The peafowl looking at me laying on the ground of the pen, thinking "why are you so crazy?"

Back
Top Bottom