The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Maybe I'll have to get Anconas then! Or lots of breeds. Was thinking Swedish, Welsh Harlequin, maybe Rouen or Buff, and possibly Runner. Maybe Anconas will be on the list :p
LOL thanks
Same

I'm not afraid of putting in a bit more work if the end result is a little swankier than plastic and scrap wood! :p
-Banti

Last edited:
Chick hatching update. Day 22.

Came home to the incubator crashed upside down on the living room floor.

14 chicks mostly still in the shells dead. Plus one undeveloped and 2 quitters that were grape sized. There are 21 eggs that we placed back into the incubator. Several are still peeping. We've got a rice bag inside the bator to help bring the temp back up. I will be surprised if any of these survive. Will keep you updated.

Some chickies from this hatch, lots of brown chipmunky. Also 3 previous pics, tried doing it in one but phones acting up.
Two Marans/EE hatched today, 2 days late. Meanwhile some of those that hatched early on Friday are getting wing feathers! Brings count to 51 hatched but 2 i assisted arnt going to make it so guess it evens out.
Total hatch 51 out of 92 set.

Chick hatching update. Day 22.

Came home to the incubator crashed upside down on the living room floor.

14 chicks mostly still in the shells dead. Plus one undeveloped and 2 quitters that were grape sized. There are 21 eggs that we placed back into the incubator. Several are still peeping. We've got a rice bag inside the bator to help bring the temp back up. I will be surprised if any of these survive. Will keep you updated.
Rice will reduce the humidity, so I would take it out.

Back
Top Bottom