The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Well 8 of 10 came out last night lol a little early

I find it interesting that everyone's eggs are hatching early. :idunno

Hi babies! OMG, I'm getting so exited seeing everyone's fresh babies, but my two that made it to lockdown are not early, not chirping, and no rolling eggs. I'm headed to a poultry show, so I can stop staring at eggs through glass. Hopefully the babies show them selves today. Crosses fingers. Good luck everyone! <3

Last edited:

So far these are my dry ones. 3 eggs and a wet chick still in the bator.
They are so cute! Do you have Blue or BBS chickens?

Quitter might not have been the best word. It's a Marans egg so it was very dark and tough to see through at the end. I couldn't tell what was going on with the chick definitively, but the air cell was small and hadn't significantly increased in size between candlings. I figured if the chick was alive, it wouldn't make it due to small air cell. I just pulled a little splash baby put of the incubator, so looks like I was wrong! Happy happy!

Btw, I already t think this baby is a roo due to a very defined looking comb. What's more, I kind of think it has Donald Trump-like hair!
gig.gif

In very dark eggs, you sometimes can't really see the air cell. They will really fool you. If you check the air cell after the chick hatches, it will usually be much bigger than you thought from candling.

My babies are popping out, one of the shipped (of 2) eggs have hatched and the other has pipped!!! No action on the double yolker

They look perfect!

Back
Top Bottom