The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Quote:
lol.png
I wish I could.

I'm ordering my incubator this week. It's a hovabator and I'm so excited. How do I join the hatching eggs for Easter?

I just ordered my first incubator. Going to see about setting some eggs (chickens) on the 25th.

It looks like our hatches "should" be on the same day! Will that make our chicks cousins? (lol)
Suddenly I'm wondering if I'm even posting in the right month? Mima (silkie splash) is "expecting" on 2-25...

Last edited:
Start with low humidity, monitor the air cells and let that guide you... misting depends on your air cells as well, too small and you'll want to mist, the evaporation pulls more moisture out of the egg... I never mist until later in the incubation, once the embryos are fully established, less chance of bacteria getting in and causing issues... besides that I watched my broody ducks go for the pools right before returning to their eggs closer to hatch day than early on...

And I aim for 65% humidity for hatching...

Is that what people call dry hatching? Or do you go dry and then mist? What day do you start misting and how often? Do you stop misting so many days before they hatch or most right up to hatching day? Sorry noobie hatchet here!
1f91a-1f3fb.png
Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me!

Sincerely,
Your Fellow Homesteader,
Glaseria
1f495.png
1f43e.png

1f54a.png

Sorry Easter-hatch-a-long folks. Apparently I Am posting in the wrong section! I began to wonder why an Easter hatch was going on now. Then I found out by finding the feb hatch-a-long. I'm a dingbat.

This year I get to play 'who's the daddy' with the eggs I set from my own flock. Blizzard is still my top roo (White Chantecler), but I just caught Brick (barred EE from last year's hatch) breeding one of the hens... and then getting his butt kicked by her.

Look at that beard and muffs, though. They're barred too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom