The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Temp is 99.6 steady and humidity is 50%.
that's what I run then I bump the humidity up to about 70 during lock down,
During incubation Poultry 40-50% RH Hatching All species 65% RH or more

Take your humidity down to 45% leave temp alone and then during lock down when you stop turning bump up the humidity. don't forget to put in your water guard at lock down.

so I would think it was something with the chicks and not your inexperience, remember temp in the first 18 days is more important and humidity is more important during lock down. I hope this helps and have you verified your machine temp?

My broody started setting on Friday or Saturday, so I don't know if I qualify since it wasn't exactly at noon, but I thought I'd join the fun anyway. If it counts, then she has 8 eggs. If not, well I'll just follow along to see how others do.

Okay I have set 13 Marans 7 True Blue/Cochin crosses and 18 Easter Eggers/Marans mix for Easter hatch. I have been so busy with putting a roof on my Rooster Coop, moving a small hutch with one of my Marans out of a stall so I can use it for a new horse I haven't had time to get on and update. Will candle on saturday

Those that hatch with me every year probably remember that I tend to candle every day starting at day 3. Well, I actually held off for the most part until yesterday because I didn't want to handle my shipped eggs too much. I caved last night and candled all 33 eggs. My eggs are still 100% as far as fertility goes and looking good. I may have a clear and 2 blood rings in my shipped eggs (which I feel is really good, all things considered) but it's still too early to tell. As it turns out, if I take the case off my phone it makes a great candling light. Good enough to see development in a Welsummer egg.

Are there going to be any more contests?
Just the How Many Will Hatch Contest. We did as many contests as we had donations.

Yay! Finally time to set quail eggs! I set a total of 73 eggs!
woot.gif

I did set eggs Saturday, though it was early evening, not noon time.
That's okay, how many?

Quote:
104 chicken eggs - but, I've been having issues with my one homemade incubator not keeping stable temps, so I've not been getting the best hatches lately.
sad.png

Trying to fix it, but set as many as I could in my Genesis 1588 which seems to be doing fairly well thus far on it's 4th hatching year.

Back
Top Bottom