The American Paint Silkie

This guy hatched out from a paint and recessive white breeding and was yellow with a very faint buff tinge to him but no spots. His spots started coming in around 6 weeks old followed by the red / mahogany at around 9 weeks. He's out of Catdance lines and will be 5 months old as of May 10th. Basically I'm trying to decide which way I'm going to go with him- he will be bred back to both black and paint hens but then perhaps a ginger red or red pyle project? *Please excuse his dirty feet -he's been free ranging this morning and we had rain last night* and below at 7 weeks old- LOVE this guy:love
What was the decision on this guy? I have one like him but with blue trim. He popped up in a flock of multi generation partridge silkies. His skin is lavender. He was gifted to me, as my flock is safe from predators and his breeder had to many boys. I am curious if crossing him over paint girls will clean up offspring?

Last edited:
KW I'm anxious to hear what people say. Overall she appears to be a splash but in close up pics it seems as though whole feathers are black? Silkies are so tough. ulticolored feathers are easy to see on my splash ameraucanas!

Back
Top Bottom