The American Paint Silkie

Pics
sad.png

Last edited:
I am not usually on here and was surprised to find out there was a ongoing post about the American Paint Silkie. Looks like good conversations. I haven't hatched any paint chicks yet out of my stock, but they are to come in the next month or two.

I love these paints!!! I already have some Blacks I got for this project last year but they are still young, I don't know the sexes (both seem to be cockerels though) but so far they seem like they are good quality. I have some excellent Whites that are breeder-show quality and are just gorgeous!!! Well right now they look like monsters because of the winter...they are so dirty!!! Anyways, I know I read somewhere how you can tell if you have a dominant white vs recessive? I can't find that info now...if somebody can tell me where it is or explain it? I read all 25 pages again to make sure I didn't miss it in here. Thanks
big_smile.png

You can't tell from just looking at a solid white bird which it is. However, if it is white with some red, but not black (or diluted black), it is likely dominant white. You can test also breed to see if dominant or recessive also. Breed to a bird who has neer had white offspring, and if you have no white offspring, the white is almost certainly recessive. Breed to partridge, and you should get red pyle offspring if the white is dominant.

Back
Top Bottom