The American Paint Silkie

Pics
Quote:
Well, that's definitely something to dance about!!
big_smile.png

Just found this paint thread!
ya.gif
I picked up 4 paint silkies recently, plus a black one that is to have the paint gene. The 4 paints act like 2 pairs. I do believe I have a hen and rooster, and the younger two look to be a pullet and cockerel. I just love them! Here are pictures: (they were temporarily in the pig pen during the day while I finish the chicken run, so there are pigs/ pig toys in the pics too)
2011-09-05160847.jpg

2011-09-05160808.jpg

silkies.jpg

paints.jpg

paintpullet.jpg

painthen.jpg

Lucyandchickens.jpg

henandrooster2.jpg

cockerel.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! Soon I'll be posting some pig-free close up pictures of the silkie faces to get opinions on my hen/roo guesses! They're pretty easy going, but they don't really want me getting in their faces yet.
smile.png

I think I have 2 boys and 3 girls, but this is coming from someone who's never had chickens before....

Quote:
Thanks! Soon I'll be posting some pig-free close up pictures of the silkie faces to get opinions on my hen/roo guesses! They're pretty easy going, but they don't really want me getting in their faces yet.
smile.png

I think I have 2 boys and 3 girls, but this is coming from someone who's never had chickens before....

I have Black and Splash silkies right now. Some day I will have PAINT just for fun. Maybe I can collect all the paints that breeders want to weed out of their breeding program. : ))
Good Luck. Really hope you have hens and a roo.

Quote:
Thanks
smile.png

Ok some help please! I know I have a hen and a rooster. There are 3 others about 4 months old that I'm not sure on, but I suspect they are 1 cockerel and 2 pullets. Here are some pictures, please let me know what you think!
#1 pullet??
paintpullet2-1-1.jpg

paintpullet.jpg

pullet.jpg

#2 pullet??
blackpullet3.jpg

blackpullet.jpg

blacksilkie2.jpg

#3 cockerel?? (he's sure got the attitude!)
cockerel.jpg

youngroo.jpg

cockerel2.jpg

Quote:
Well, I already have 1 paint rooster, so looks like I'll have a backup rooster. Really glad the other are likely pullets!! YAY!

Back
Top Bottom