The Duck Thread

I feel twelve hours is a bit long to go without. Eight or ten, even, but twelve, well....

I leave water in with my ducks all night. Here is what I have

I think you have shown me this before. It's a good idea. But I think my chickens would scratch it all out and yes I know it is preferred for ducks to have their own sleeping quarters but I have recently just lost one of my ducks
sad.png
so I only have one at the moment and want her to be in with the chickens. She doesn't get pooped which is good and seems to enjoy the chickens company.
I might set up something like this, except have a plastic sheet under the bowl, or does that cat litter ( if that's what it is ) soak the water up?

I think you have shown me this before. It's a good idea. But I think my chickens would scratch it all out and yes I know it is preferred for ducks to have their own sleeping quarters but I have recently just lost one of my ducks
sad.png
so I only have one at the moment and want her to be in with the chickens. She doesn't get pooped which is good and seems to enjoy the chickens company.
I might set up something like this, except have a plastic sheet under the bowl, or does that cat litter ( if that's what it is ) soak the water up?
It's compressed sawdust. Works well. You are doing some great thinking ahead here.

I believe that their water is most important and 12 hours is too long to go without,I do leave water all night and food,just smaller amount!
frow.gif

I feel twelve hours is a bit long to go without. Eight or ten, even, but twelve, well....

I leave water in with my ducks all night. Here is what I have

We have racoons in here in Portland. We've been told to use hardware cloth which can be found at Home Depot. it's tough and only 1/4 inch openings. We've been told to screw the hardware cloth into the wood on the coop. You'll also need to bury the cloth 6 inches into the ground. I haven't done this yet as I'm still trying to find the perfect coop to build. I have the hardware cloth ready, just not the coop. My ducks, just 6 weeks old, are in the garage in a pen for now. Hope this helps.

thank u amiga. got the oyster shells. I also ordered 20 per cent feed. so I am now getting good eggs. thanks

Back
Top Bottom