The Front Porch Swing

That Great Dane looks very put upon...course, they ALL look like that. Like you just shot their best friend.
gig.gif
That's why everyone babies those big lugs because they always look like they need lovin'.

My niece always keeps GDs...her current one just had surgery on both back hips or knees, can't remember which. He's a big mush pot dog named Henry. Wants to lean on your all the time, even when you are walking, so you just stagger along with this big dog stuck to you like a burr. I finally had to go all Cesar Milan on him one day because he's as big as my little old Mom and he was about to knock her down with his leaning. He means well but he's just too darn big for that!

Checking in from Wyoming, 7200 feet in elevation. We hit 42 degrees today, with 40+ mph sustained winds, gusting over 55 mph. During winter, warm weather is always accompanied with high winds.
I would love to join you all on the front porch. just a large glass of water, straight out of the well for me. I just brought in a load of wood for the night, nice and toasty warm here in the basement.
I would love a slice of bread pudding, do you have warm rum-butter sauce to drizzle on top? I made blueberry coffee cake last weekend and just had the last piece this morning. Now, that tastes like summer to me.

woot.gif
WY checking in!!! Good to have you!
hugs.gif
Big sky country...always wanted to go there and see that land and go to Frontier Days. Nothing like a wood fire, is there? I've lived most of my life with wood as a source of heat and living without it never feels quite as warm.

Back
Top Bottom