The Front Porch Swing

Mamma hen and her new brood

:)

Quote:
Dolmades use only Grape leaves... and OMG good. Little two or three bite morsels stuffed with lamb and rice and flavored with olive oil and lemon.... you also make vegetarian ones with rice and Chickpeas.

Look them up under greek recipes. I buy canned ones occasionally but my favorite comes from a Middle Eastern restaurant in the city run by a Turkish woman who makes them every day. Hers have lamb in them.

deb

Last edited:
Mamma hen and her new brood

Isn't that sweet? That never ceases to get me at the heart, no matter how many times I see it!

Quote:
I think that is one of the number one reasons most people hesitate to send money overseas, for fear that it won't get to the people for whom they send it. It's a valid fear in a lot of the cases, as there are many ministries that seem more of a front for a very lucrative non-profit setup than a place that does God's work. It behooves everyone to research a ministry very well before committing.

Having said that, I think the best a person can really do is do the homework and research the missions, pray about it steadily, trust the Holy Spirit's leading on it~then turn loose of that money. It's not our money anyway and God will not send it out into the world in vain, He is faithful to finish what was started in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. It's called faith and at some point we all must employ it, be it when giving to the fellow holding a sign at an intersection, in an offering plate at the local church or to a missionary overseas.

Quote:
Naw... sometimes I type so fast the words as they come out of my brain and its pretty funny... so I don't correct.

Its actually Sunday night... LOL.... Tomorrow is my birthday. I already got my birthday present.... I am trying to figure out what to do for my birthday. Cant really go out to a restaurant. I may just make a pineapple upside down cake and call it a celebration.... LOL.

deb

Naw...  sometimes I type so fast the words as they come out of my brain and its pretty funny...  so I don't correct. 

Its actually Sunday night... LOL....  Tomorrow is my birthday.  I already got my birthday present....  I am trying  to figure out what to do for my birthday.  Cant really go out to a restaurant.  I may just make a pineapple upside down cake and call it a celebration.... LOL.

deb

Happy Birthday!

Here is some strawberry peach shortcake. Strawberries & sweet biscuits & vanilla bean ice cream from the fruit stand at the foot of my road. I slice the fruit and stirred it with a smidge of vanilla bean sugar to make it nice and juicy for you. I think the peaches are from California -- too early for peaches up here.

Quote:
OH yumm... I never thought of putting Vanilla bean sugar in there.... Yep I have already gone through one bag of yellow peaches. First time in years that I have bought them. So sweet and ripe you cant just bite into one. You have to nibble a break in the skin and suck the juice as you bite....

You know the orchids that make vanilla beans grow here... takes an expert and a greenhouse but they are pretty hardy once they get going. and it takes a few years before they produce beans... I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Vanilla-Bean-Orchid-Plant/dp/B00H6NWMF0

its the curing process that is the killer.... takes several months.

deb

OH yumm...  I never thought of putting Vanilla bean sugar in there....  Yep I have already gone through one bag of yellow peaches.  First time in years that I have bought them.  So sweet and ripe you cant just bite into one.  You have to nibble a break in the skin and suck the juice as you bite.... 

You know the orchids that make vanilla beans grow here...  takes an expert and a greenhouse but they are pretty hardy once they get going.  and it takes a few years before they produce beans... I believe.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Vanilla-Bean-Orchid-Plant/dp/B00H6NWMF0

its the curing process that is the killer.... takes several months.

deb

It would be so cool to be able to grow vanilla beans. And coffee. And cocoa beans.

When peach season starts here I'ma gonna make me some peach custard. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom