The Front Porch Swing

I 10000% support gay marrage in every way. I would leave the porch to if it was a problem, but because it says this is a place for everyone and caring it shouldn't be. My cousin just married her wife last year in a beautiful wedding. My family has a few gay members. You are born the way you are. I only care about the person inside. No one should care about sexual orenintation.

I don't support gay marriage. That doesn't mean I don't have caring or love for my neighbor, nor does it mean I'm "close minded", though I most certainly am closed in my mind to worldly things as I am instructed by my Father to do so. I don't feel you are "born the way you are", other than we are born with a sin nature and that is true for all of us~ except Jesus Christ. We have the power to overcome that sin nature through Christ and we are commanded to do just that, so I don't feel we have a license to sin just because we live in this world and everyone expects us to follow the pack.

I don't hate gay people just because I don't condone that lifestyle, nor do I want to deny them anything, personally...that's not my place and I could never hate another human being and certainly not for the sin in their lives. I have a full on plenty of sins in my own....I've sinned horrible sins against my Heavenly Father. Sin is sin, according to the Word, none greater or lesser than another....but it is sin nonetheless~not my opinion but directly out of the Bible, the inspired Word of God~ and for that, I cannot condone it, advocate for it or approve of it in any way without offending my Father. He is not "for it" and so, as His child, neither am I.

Having said that, I can say that I hope that this porch is big enough for all views on the subject and this doesn't unleash a firestorm of "intolerance" in reverse, so that folks get mad because there are some of us who are not "cool with it" in regards to homosexuality and gay marriage. I would hope to think that this Porch contains women of intelligence and good sense enough to not open up a can of worms just to see who will eat one on a dare.
smile.png
Any arguments over the issue WILL result in the thread being closed, as it will the Porch, so think very carefully of what you will say next and how it may affect those who congregate here for fellowship and friendship.

Wow, did they get big or what???   Lovely mutt birds with beautiful color patterns on the feathers... and look at the size of their breasts!!!  :th Gonna be a meaty bunch of birds....

All they are interested in eating is free range ... mostly the stuff they can find under the bushes and path footing between the coop and the house ... it blows my mind that they can grow like that on "nothing."

That one gray one laying down looks like a puddle of bird, it's breast spills like a tom turkey's. Penguin is smaller than the others at this stage, but still very round.

Frankly I was a little surprised that what we thought mattered one way or the other. I mean, we've had theological discussions here that would have resulted in turkey being thrown and most family Thanksgiving tables - well, if the turkey weighed less than 40 pounds. We've discussed spouses, not having spouses, difficult situations with kids, triumphs and heartaches. We've talked about weight and health issues, the political situation in a country most of us had to look up, and mistakes we've made and learned from.

To me that says that right here on the Porch as long as your hiney can find a place to land, nothing else matters....and certainly not what two beautiful young women chose to do with their lives. See, I have a theory. If one of my grandkids is hurt or sick, and I've got them in the emergency room of a hospital, I'm not going to interview the doctor. I don't care if that doctor is Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, atheistic, or agnostic. I don't care what color that doctor's skin is, what country he/she came from, what his/ her sexual orientation is, whether he/she is a Democrat, a Republican, an Independent, a member of the Tea Party, or totally divorced from any politics. I want to know two things - does he/she know what's wrong, and can he/she fix it!! That's all that matters.

Does that make any sense?

What Blooie said.
clap.gif

I don't support gay marriage. That doesn't mean I don't have caring or love for my neighbor, nor does it mean I'm "close minded", though I most certainly am closed in my mind to worldly things as I am instructed by my Father to do so. I don't feel you are "born the way you are", other than we are born with a sin nature and that is true for all of us~ except Jesus Christ. We have the power to overcome that sin nature through Christ and we are commanded to do just that, so I don't feel we have a license to sin just because we live in this world and everyone expects us to follow the pack.

I don't hate gay people just because I don't condone that lifestyle, nor do I want to deny them anything, personally...that's not my place and I could never hate another human being and certainly not for the sin in their lives. I have a full on plenty of sins in my own....I've sinned horrible sins against my Heavenly Father. Sin is sin, according to the Word, none greater or lesser than another....but it is sin nonetheless~not my opinion but directly out of the Bible, the inspired Word of God~ and for that, I cannot condone it, advocate for it or approve of it in any way without offending my Father. He is not "for it" and so, as His child, neither am I.

Having said that, I can say that I hope that this porch is big enough for all views on the subject and this doesn't unleash a firestorm of "intolerance" in reverse, so that folks get mad because there are some of us who are not "cool with it" in regards to homosexuality and gay marriage. I would hope to think that this Porch contains women of intelligence and good sense enough to not open up a can of worms just to see who will eat one on a dare.
smile.png
Any arguments over the issue WILL result in the thread being closed, as it will the Porch, so think very carefully of what you will say next and how it may affect those who congregate here for fellowship and friendship.
Understood, Bee, and I equate this as with politics, religion and other hot points. Different strokes.
hugs.gif

I still don't know if I'm getting my 20 CX's. The lady that's bringing them to me is going to Baton Rouge this weekend and was going to pick them up from the girl I was going in with to order. They keep delaying shipping so I don't know.
My 15 girls and 1 boy are doing fine. The heat doesn't seem to affect them. It sure kills me being out and doing yard work. Not over 15 min at a time.
gig.gif

I don't support gay marriage.  That doesn't mean I don't have caring or love for my neighbor, nor does it mean I'm "close minded", though I most certainly am closed in my mind to worldly things as I am instructed by my Father to do so.  I don't feel you are "born the way you are", other than we are born with a sin nature and that is true for all of us~ except Jesus Christ.  We have the power to overcome that sin nature through Christ and we are commanded to do just that, so I don't feel we have a license to sin just because we live in this world and everyone expects us to follow the pack. 

I don't hate gay people just because I don't condone that lifestyle, nor do I want to deny them anything, personally...that's not my place and I could never hate another human being and certainly not for the sin in their lives.  I have a full on plenty of sins in my own....I've sinned horrible sins against my Heavenly Father.  Sin is sin, according to the Word, none greater or lesser than another....but it is sin nonetheless~not my opinion but directly out of the Bible, the inspired Word of God~ and for that, I cannot condone it, advocate for it or approve of it in any way without offending my Father.  He is not "for it" and so, as His child, neither am I. 

Having said that, I can say that I hope that this porch is big enough for all views on the subject and this doesn't unleash a firestorm of "intolerance" in reverse, so that folks get mad because there are some of us who are not "cool with it" in regards to homosexuality and gay marriage.  I would hope to think that this Porch contains women of intelligence and good sense enough to not open up a can of worms just to see who will eat one on a dare.  :)    Any arguments over the issue WILL result in the thread being closed, as it will the Porch, so think very carefully of what you will say next and how it may affect those who congregate here for fellowship and friendship. 

I don't know why I would be mad at you for your views. I don't agree with you, but your views are yours. But if you read the bible it never says being gay is wrong, that's something the church started saying. Also 100 years ago the church would say if your not white then you were less then what god would want. Many churches are changing there stance on gay marrage, there is even a lesbian pastor at a Jewish church. The bible says only god knows what's in someone's heart. So like you said, not for us to judge. You seem to be a kind person and as long as your kind and don't get mad at others for there beliefs, I'm not mad at you for yours.

smile.png
I agree with you 100% Bee. If I preach tolerance and then call anyone who doesn't agree with my point of view a bigot, then who is truly intolerant? My father always said, "Opinions are like rear ends.....everybody's got one....and if you don't want to hear someone elses's, then sit on your own."

Personally I haven't gone to church for a long long time. I had a bad experience at a bad church and decided I'd rather not go back. My husband is atheist, his dad is Jewish, his moms catholic, my parents are Christian, I'm Christianish lol! And are son is happy :)
You guys can try to figure it out for me! Lol! Everytime I say it, I'm like what a beautiful mess! Lol!!!! Haha ;)

I don't support gay marriage.  That doesn't mean I don't have caring or love for my neighbor, nor does it mean I'm "close minded", though I most certainly am closed in my mind to worldly things as I am instructed by my Father to do so.  I don't feel you are "born the way you are", other than we are born with a sin nature and that is true for all of us~ except Jesus Christ.  We have the power to overcome that sin nature through Christ and we are commanded to do just that, so I don't feel we have a license to sin just because we live in this world and everyone expects us to follow the pack. 

I don't hate gay people just because I don't condone that lifestyle, nor do I want to deny them anything, personally...that's not my place and I could never hate another human being and certainly not for the sin in their lives.  I have a full on plenty of sins in my own....I've sinned horrible sins against my Heavenly Father.  Sin is sin, according to the Word, none greater or lesser than another....but it is sin nonetheless~not my opinion but directly out of the Bible, the inspired Word of God~ and for that, I cannot condone it, advocate for it or approve of it in any way without offending my Father.  He is not "for it" and so, as His child, neither am I. 

Having said that, I can say that I hope that this porch is big enough for all views on the subject and this doesn't unleash a firestorm of "intolerance" in reverse, so that folks get mad because there are some of us who are not "cool with it" in regards to homosexuality and gay marriage.  I would hope to think that this Porch contains women of intelligence and good sense enough to not open up a can of worms just to see who will eat one on a dare.  :)    Any arguments over the issue WILL result in the thread being closed, as it will the Porch, so think very carefully of what you will say next and how it may affect those who congregate here for fellowship and friendship. 

I agree and could have never said it better. I don't in any way hate or even dislike homosexual people. I have friends that are gay/lesbian and I love them dearly. That doesn't mean that I have to love and accept their sin. But yes we do ALL have sins in our lives and the Bible mades it plain what they are.

Back
Top Bottom