The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Shrug. I don't know of an easy way to do this, except for the lipstick on the vent method and I'm not going there.

OMG - I am so happy I wasn't drinking coffee or soda when I read this! I'd heard of using drops of food coloring, but LIPSTICK???? I think the hubby would have me committed if he saw me putting lipstick on a chicken's butt.

And thanks for the trap nest link.

Speaking of Nelson's. Meet the three youngest Nelson's on the planet, most likely. hahahaha.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
You get 2 big thumbs up for this one my friend. LOL To cute

Can anyone tell me at what age I can tell if my Rhode Island Red pullets are going to have a cushion? I have the Mohawk/Reese line and most of the pullets are 5-6 months old. Getting rid of cushions is one of the things I want to cull for this year and I've been contacted by a lady wanting some pullets just for layers. I think I see cushions on some but not others at this age. What do you think? If they look like they have a cushion now, safe bet to sell them? I will try to post some photos later.

Can anyone tell me at what age I can tell if my Rhode Island Red pullets are going to have a cushion? I have the Mohawk/Reese line and most of the pullets are 5-6 months old. Getting rid of cushions is one of the things I want to cull for this year and I've been contacted by a lady wanting some pullets just for layers. I think I see cushions on some but not others at this age. What do you think? If they look like they have a cushion now, safe bet to sell them? I will try to post some photos later.
Can you post some pics of the combs on the hens?

Back
Top Bottom