The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

smile.png

Last edited:
Anyone have some new pictures to share?

I was hoping to get some shots today but I've been trying to get someone to take a skunk out of a trap for me. I've been trying all summer to get rid of groundhogs and went yesterday, got a trap, set it up yesterday afternoon and ended up with a skunk and the groundhog was still eating my chicken feed. lol Fattest groundhog in my little town. ha,ha,ha. Oh well, got a guy going to come over and get rid of the skunk in a couple of hours. I'm not to brave with them.

I was hoping to get some shots today but I've been trying to get someone to take a skunk out of a trap for me.  I've been trying all summer to get rid of groundhogs and went yesterday, got a trap, set it up yesterday afternoon and ended up with a skunk and the groundhog was still eating my chicken feed. lol  Fattest groundhog in my little town. ha,ha,ha. Oh well, got a guy going to come over and get rid of the skunk in a couple of hours.  I'm not to brave with them. 

I got a picture of a Caddyshack scene or two going through my head.

Last edited:
Anyone have some new pictures to share?

First I'll answer the SKUNK question. I caught it in a live trap. I put a bowl of grower/finisher chicken feed in the trap because that is what they have been eating. I thought I was catching a groundhog. ha,ha,ha. My neighbor came over and shot it just about an hour or so ago. Thank God, it didn't do any spraying. He must have hit it right in the head. I wasn't about to fool around trying to release it. Whatever gets in my trap is a goner. lol I did contact the fish and wild life commission and they said I could shoot it in the trap. I don't want to turn any of them loose. I dead is one less to worry about. The skunk was in the trap behind that first boy. lol

I did take a few pictures of three of my boys from Matt. They are right about 26 weeks old. Starting to look pretty good now. I hope they get a little more angle to their tails. I have 7 boys. A couple I'm sure are culls. They rest I really have to watch close. These three have really nice width to their backs.

Back
Top Bottom