The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

..Ron, here are some pics. First 2 are same cockerel and last 2 are same cockerel. Not the best pics. They were moving and neck feathers are molting. Approx 6 months old.

Nice combs. Mine are molting too. They look just like my rooster.
love.gif

Nice combs. Mine are molting too. They look just like my rooster.
love.gif

Comb: Single, moderately large, set firmly on head, straight and upright, with five even and well defined points, those in front and rear smaller than those in the Center: blade smooth inclining slightly downward following contour of the skull.

The combs on some of these birds are not following the contour of the skull. I'm not being picky, I am this critical with my own birds. lol
Bob, NYREDS, or some of you folks that have been in this for a while, tell me if I am wrong. Again, I'm not being smart. just trying to help. Since the owner did not point this out themselves, I'm guessing that they overlooked this.

Last edited:
[COLOR=000000]Comb: Single, moderately large, set firmly on head, straight and upright, with five even and well defined points, those in front and rear smaller than those in the Center:[/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000]blade smooth inclining slightly downward following contour of the skull.[/COLOR] The combs on some of these birds are not following the contour of the skull. I'm not being picky, I am this critical with my own birds. lol Bob, NYREDS, or some of you folks that have been in this for a while, tell me if I am wrong. Again, I'm not being smart. just trying to help. Since the owner did not point this out themselves, I'm guessing that they overlooked this.
You are correct Jimmy. The Comb should follow the contour of the head. Matt

This is the sire of the Rose Comb Reds that Jimmy has been showing pictures. I need to get pictures of the rest.

This picture is not the best quality. It was taken with my cell phone. My camera is MIA.

Just now went out and got a few shots of my Matt's Old Reese birds and a critter in my trap. As soon as my neighbor comes home we'll take care of it. I don't own a gun so I have to wait. lol These birds are coming upon 6 months. Nothing perfect but coming along very nicely.

Boys will be boys. lol

Mr. Groundhog peeking around the back of the coop in the trap. lol

Back
Top Bottom