The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Ron, here are some pics. First 2 are same cockerel and last 2 are same cockerel. Not the best pics. They were moving and neck feathers are molting. Approx 6 months old.

Last edited:
Here's a couple of better pics of same two 6 month old cockerels. .

I hate giving negative reports on any one's birds but a judge told me that this is the only way that we learn. lol Color looks nice, size seems good for the age that is the good things that I see. What I don't like is in the first picture, that guys comb is to high off the head in the back. The second one isn't quite as bad. As far as brick shape etc. I won't comment because they are moving and with that, they are high in the front end and lower in the back end but I know that is because they are moving. The backs of their necks look like my boys. lol Molt.

Here's a couple of better pics of same two 6 month old cockerels.

Aaron, it is hard to judge a bird from a picture and when they are not relaxed. I would guess that these birds carry their head differently when they are not tying to avoid the camera. Somehow they just know when you want a picture and go bonkers.

Hope y'all get some time in the woods this weekend, looking forward to opening day.
Ron

They do look very did when not moving. I'll try to get better pics. Won't be in the wood this weekend. Girls have cross country meet then 15th bday party. First time I have missed opening weekend in 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom