The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Hmm. Certainly making me think. He was sold as a Jubilee - 2 generations out of Greenfire stock or something like that. I'd agree with Speckled Sussex, except I don't think he can be; he's massive, maybe 12-13 pounds, and he's bright red; all Speckled I've seen are dark, almost black. Here's his color in the sun; no filters or tampering, and one of the rare times I've been able to capture his color properly in a photo.

Jubilee Orp roo

American type BO roo

I've never seen an American Jubilee as they were just Imported from GB only 10 years ago and the type hasn't changed that much. I'm not an expert on Sussex either, I just have stayed in good contact with my excellent English Orp breeder. If you go to the Imported English Orpington thread, @rockinpaints can answer your questions regarding American vs. English SOP in Jubilees. She's one of the most respected breeders in the U.S. And is very helpful and nice.

As for color, I know that the SOP for Sussex and Jubilee is a Mahogany. It's a red brown, that shouldn't be too red or too brown for either breed. In the sun, mine looks more red as well.

Last edited:
Hmm. Certainly making me think. He was sold as a Jubilee - 2 generations out of Greenfire stock or something like that. I'd agree with Speckled Sussex, except I don't think he can be; he's massive, maybe 12-13 pounds, and he's bright red; all Speckled I've seen are dark, almost black. Here's his color in the sun; no filters or tampering, and one of the rare times I've been able to capture his color properly in a photo.

The white wing triangle makes me think its not a Jubilee or at least is a hybrid with some other breed.

O wow! That's great to hear. I've not had much luck with shipped eggs
sad.png

I let mine sit 12-24 hrs before putting them in the incubator.

I just hatched 6 out of 8 shipped eggs, they are lavender orpingtons and lavender ameracaunas though. they came from South Carolina. shipped in an egg carton.

Back
Top Bottom