The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics

Thank you! I can usually never get the hens to sit still long enough to take a picture. Right after taking this, she went bouncing off like a rabbit. They're so funny to watch.

Here's my sweet spoiled roo, Samson, who's almost 6 months old. My son says we should've named him Tank, lol. I know he may not be SOP, but I think he's beautiful.

Agreed, they are very pretty.
smile.png

What kind of success are people having hatching their own eggs (eggs from your own birds as opposed to shipped)? I had someone tell me today that a local breeder complained of low hatch rates and suggested that the whole breed was that way. Mine are just about to start laying and I'm curious if what to expect.

What kind of success are people having hatching their own eggs (eggs from your own birds as opposed to shipped)? I had someone tell me today that a local breeder complained of low hatch rates and suggested that the whole breed was that way. Mine are just about to start laying and I'm curious if what to expect.

We don't have a rooster so I haven't tried any but what I've read most have better success with their own.

We don't have a rooster so I haven't tried any but what I've read most have better success with their own.

The shipped eggs that I bought did terribly but there are so many potential problems with shipped eggs...that's why I want to see what people have seen from their own Jubilee eggs...and not shipped. You have to be pretty lousy with your own eggs not to do better than with shipped eggs.

The shipped eggs that I bought did terribly but there are so many potential problems with shipped eggs...that's why I want to see what people have seen from their own Jubilee eggs...and not shipped. You have to be pretty lousy with your own eggs not to do better than with shipped eggs.

I also culled 13 Lavender Orpington shipped eggs
sad.png
The first time I incubated I set 16 shipped eggs, 13 clears and 3 made it to lockdown. Only 2 hatched. I'm hoping one of the two is a roo so I can try my own eggs next year.

Back
Top Bottom