The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hi Jeremy! Nice to see you on here. I haven't been on much this summer as it has been a hectic (and sad) summer. They are coming along nicely, I will dig out some pics. I think the Buff Columbians are my favorites
love.gif
. I don't think I am going to breed the buff delawares, I think I am just going to concentrate on the buff columbians (no barring).
Oh
droolin.gif
so many choices..........and so little space......
Yes my problem also.
We have English Isabel, Buff, Crele, Lemon Cuckoo, Chocolate, Red, Red Cuckoo, Partridge, Blue and Black, Mottled and Lavender(not English). That doesn't include our other breeds.
lau.gif

Oh and then the new colors we want but I need to build 6 more chicken coops for that.

Whoops! This was for another thread, but they ARE English Orps, so I guess they do belong here, LOL!

Some (bad) cellphone pics of the chicks from last night (3-5 weeks old range). Some of them are getting quite large. Some of them aren't (one splash that is 4 weeks old remains the smallest of the bunch). The oldest ones are now all about lining up for individual treats. It's adorable. Though one is extra greedy and jumps up when it's not (I suspect) his turn.

Here you can see the two largest splash chicks (5 weeks) and the smallest splash chick (4 weeks). Little splash is the same age as the larger blue standing over her.

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!! (Yes, this is my fav chick)

Last edited:
sorry just lurking at present - have 3 Red English and 3 Partridge English Orpingtons and just want to learn about them. They are 7 weeks old - I can't find anyone on Vancouver Island who seems to have them and would love to know if anyone on this thread does.
Thanks!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom